Wish List

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #202: Anything Goes or Vintage Feel...

 

December's arrival brings another fun challenge at Let's Craft and Create. This month you can choose our regular "Anything Goes" option, or you can create something with a "Vintage Feel."

I have chosen to go the "Vintage Feel" route. Some people say for an item to be vintage, it must be at least 50 years old. I have tried to give my card a look that might have been popular 80+ years ago. 

I began with an off-white card base. I added a layer of DSP that looked like a piece of quilted fabric. I distressed the edges of this panel with a scissor blade and then inked them before adding it to my card.

The second layer was a vintage panel that my friend Donna (Design by Donna) had given me. Thank you, Donna! I cut it with a deckle-edged rectangle die, inked its edges and then popped it up on foam tape.

"Happy holidays" was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.


The mittens were die-cut twice--once from red and once from white. Then I combined the two die-cuts to get the mittens you see in the picture. 

Each piece (even the snowflakes) was lightly inked before it was glued in place. Each mitton was popped up on foam squares, but the "string" that connects them was glued directly to the holly leaves (also die-cut) which had been glued onto the deckle-edge panel..

The ribbon bow (attached with a glue dot) is one from a package of little bows that I had on hand. Can you tell that I even inked the outer edges of the ribbon?



On the inside I stamped a Christmas sentiment and added a small die-cut of holly with berries.

Even though I usually struggle with vintage cards, I had a great time making this one. It all seemed to come together pretty effortlessly.

Be sure to check out the creations from the other Design Team members for some awesome inspiration. You'll find them all on Let's Craft and Create. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you really rocked the vintage look. That designer paper really helps. Love the mittens with the big snowflakes. I am out of that vintage paper so am going to have to really work at creating a vintage card.

Lynette said...

Very cool, Cheryl! You did a great job with the vintage look. Great combination of elements.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, I LOVE mittens! Thanks for sharing!

JD/ Jill said...

So very nicely done.

Just realized that I can be called vintage too... (smile)

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome vintage look - and I love vintage. The mitten die is awesome as well - mittens could be used for all winter.
I'm in surgery as you post this - getting my new bionic knee.