Wish List

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Well done, Mom...

 I've made scads of Mother's Day cards to sell at the thrift store. Here are a few of them:

For this card, I printed the panels with the "Well done, Mom..." sentiment and then used a stencil to add the background images, avoiding the area where the sentiment was printed. This was a single stencil, so I used some Post-It notes to mask off images that would be done with a different color of ink. Because this is a pretty basic design, it was quick and easy to do. After I was done stenciling, I matted my front panel with pink cardstock and glued that to an aqua cardbase.


To finish the front, I added a strip of pink cardstock and a die-cut dimensional bow to the bottom portion of each card (I made a couple of these).








I had printed out a panel for the inside at the same time that I printed the front sentiment panel. To add a little pizzaz to the inside, I used my stencil to create a little bunch of flowers in the lower right corner.








This card, also made for the thrift store, featured a hero character Mom. I love this gal. She may look soft, but she's tough as nails!

The hero-Mom is a die-set that has quite a few pieces. I cut them all out of white cardstock and then colored them with my alcohol markers before gluing everything together.

My sentiment was stamped on a white die-cut rectangle using a couple different die sets.










I tried to catch some of the shimmer that was added with a Wink of Stella pen, but I'm just not that good of a photographer.

I should have added a bit darker gray to her hair, but I guess someone liked it just the way it was because it sold right away.

The inside was stamped with a simple "Happy Mother's Day."







I recently purchased a layering tulip die set. This time I cut the blossom's pieces out of light pink cardstock and then colored the layers with darker pinks. I used the same idea for the stem and leaves, cutting them out of a medium green and then coloring the layers with a darker green. The stitched butterfly was cut from pink vellum and I adhered it along with a tiny pink gem in the center.

My card base was made with a sheet from a really old 12" X 12" paper stack. It has a glossy finish on it and the butterflies are actually embossed.


Here you can see the shimmer I added to the blossom with a Wink of Stella pen.







The inside sentiment was computer-generated, and I added another little butterfly here as a little embellishment.

They are finally finishing up the stucco on the outside of our house, but soon they will tear the kitchen apart. I think we'll be visiting some of our local restaurants on a regular basis while the kitchen is out of commission. I'm not too excited about trying to figure out meals using only small, electric appliances. If it was up to me, I'd probably exist on cold cereal and microwave meals for the months we'll be without a stove. We'll see if my DH gets grumpy because he doesn't get his usual meals. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

These are all so fabulous, Cheryl!! What a lucky thrift store. :-)

designbydonna said...

These are all great Mother's Day cards. That fun image of super hero Mom cracks me up. Love that design. The tulip is beautiful. I am going to remember that about cutting out the pieces in white and then coloring them. Sounds like a good time saver.

Patti J said...

These are so fun! Love them all, but the first one made me giggle! Well done, as always!

Glittered Paws said...

What great Mothers Day cards - love the super hero mom and love the idea to cut them all out of white and then color - wow save a lot of die cutting that way. They will sell fast at the thrift store.
I don't envy you with a kitchen remodel, we did ours a few years back and got tired off eating microwave meals. We did have an electric griddle so we could have sausage and eggs hamburgers etc. Went out some but not much. Will be thinking of you during this "stressful" time. LOL

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are fab Cheryl! The sentiment on your first is hilarious (LOVE that bow!). The supermom is brilliant, that was a lot of work cutting and colouring all the pieces. And your 3rd floral one is sooooo pretty!
You'll soon get used to not having your kitchen in action, but not much fun. A friend used a pressure cooker a lot when he was remodeling his house, said it was great for things like roast chicken.