Wish List

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #183: Anything Goes or Tag! You're It - (Use a tag on your project)...

I don't often use tags on my projects...or AS my projects...so I was glad to see this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create. It definitely made me think about how I might use a tag on a card, especially since I have lots of tag dies that don't get nearly enough use.

I hope you'll join in the fun and use a tag in--or as--your project, too. Last month's entries into our butterfly challenge were particularly beautiful, and I am looking forward to seeing more of the same this month. Keep in mind that you can always choose the "Anything Goes" option if tags aren't your thing.

Here is what I came up with:

I actually made two mini-slimline cards, using two tags on each. 


This card has pink in its color scheme and a little cupcake that I fussy-cut from a piece of DSP. It would probably work best for a female. The background was a panel cut from some DSP that looks like it was created by randomly inking a sheet of cardstock. I thought the right side needed just a little something, so I added a narrow strip of yellow glitter cardstock.


The little cupcake had some Nuvo Drops added to the flower center and the bow. It was also popped up on foam pads.






The inside featured a stamped sentiment and another fussy-cut cupcake.

My second card has a more masculine vibe. I used a couple of stickers that say "relax" and "chill" that I happened to have in my stash. I connected the two stickers together with a die-cut ampersand. This time, I added a geometric strip on the right side that was created with a Fiskar's border punch.


Here's a closer look at those stickers.








This card was made for someone who enjoys a cocktail now and then, so I used a humorous stamp on the inside:

The wine glass was another sticker that I had in my stash. It was a nice embellishment for this silly sentiment!

Now I hope you'll check out what the Design Team has posted at Let's Craft and Create and join in on our May challenge. You'll find lots of inspiration here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I like the looks of tags on cards but like you don't think to use them very often. Yours are both great cards. The use of 2 tags makes the front one pop. I like how you divided the sentiment between your tags. Great showcase of tags.

Lynette said...

Great cards with great sentiments on the inside! Wow - a Fiskars border punch. Way to go! I look at mine once in a while and think that I should use them, but that's as far as I get most of the time. LOL!

Glittered Paws said...

Cute tag cards - I can never find my "scraps" when I need them. Usually have forgotten where I put them. Love how you used 2 tags on each.
Love love the wine glass card - although I am "trying" to go off the wine. Can get me in trouble sometimes.
Raining here - no pouring here - don't think I really need to go to post office today.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great combination of fussy cut, die cut and sticker pieces.

Patti J said...

These are great! The sentiment made me smile out loud! Great job, as always!

Lynne in NI said...

Great job with your tags and using your stickers Cheryl, that little ampersand was the perfect addition!