Wish List

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Pink and gold birthday card...

 

The pink and white cardstock with gold embossing sat in my stash for a very long time. I just wasn't sure what kind of card I could make with it. I finally decided to make a feminine birthday card, so I dug out my favorite flower and butterfly dies and went to work.

I started by making a pale pink card base and added my DSP panel to it. Then I cut three flower layers, gave them a tiny bit of pink inking in the centers and layered them up. I added tiny foam squares under the petal layers to give the flower more dimension. A gold half pearl was added to the center. To finish, I cut some foliage from gold glitter CS and glued it down on either side of my flower.


I cut the stitched butterfly from a scrap of metallic gold cardstock and added some gold Viva Decor drops for the body.

I also cut my sentiment from the metallic cardstock and from white cardstock and layered them up for more dimension.




On the inside of my card, I stamped a sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder. I also stamped a pink flower with gold leaves as an added embellishment.

I have been working hard to make an assortment of cards for the thrift store this week. I have made 13 so far and will try to get 8-10 more done before Thursday when I volunteer. I plan to put my Silhouette Cameo to work today. I have some graduation card designs that I want to cut out and assemble to add to my card selection for the store. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - love the gold and pink combination, and I am sure it will be a fast seller. It is so nice of you to donate your beautiful cards to the thrift store to sell.

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Cheryl! I know the thrift store appreciates you so very much! Grad cards are going to be in big demand this month and next…great idea! Can’t wait to see them 😉

Lynette said...

Very well-done, Cheryl! I especially love the beautiful gold butterfly and the pretty flower. That sentiment is wonderful, also.

Jeanne H said...

Lovely card. I especially like the flower. Would like to meet you one day.

designbydonna said...

The pink and gold are so pretty together. And as usual, your pink flower is gorgeous. This one will be a big hit at the thrift store.