Wish List

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Thank you so very much...

 I had some packages of stickers (given to me at the thrift store) that I wanted to use on some cards, so here's what I made:

These two cards feature the bookbinding fold. I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to this fold, but I just love it. My card bases started with a piece of cardstock cut to 4 1/4" X 11", scored at 4 1/4" and 5 1/2".  This creates a 1 1/4" X 4 1/4" portion that becomes the "bound" part of the card.

After folding and burnishing my score lines, I adhered the front left side between the score lines to the back of the card and decorated both sections of the front with DSP, as shown. 


This card featured three sweet little cupcake stickers and a die-cut sentiment.


I decorated this card with three strawberry stickers. Aren't they cute? Often, the adhesive on the stickers I get at the thrift store has dried out and no longer sticks. I'm sure someone had them in their stash a long time before donating them! I can always add a little liquid glue to adhere them, however, and they work just fine.



Here's the stamped sentiment I used on the inside of each card.

These cards have a unique look to them and sell in no time at the thrift store. They are also simple enough to make quickly, especially when there are cute stickers to add to the "bound" part of each card.

We attended granddaughter Polly's final synchronized swimming performance of the year tonight. The team put on a real show with special, sparkly suits, head pieces, decorations and music, all with a disco theme. It was so much fun to watch, and, according to Polly, even more fun to perform.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Great cards with great little stickers! I have done that fold in the other orientation, but with a thinner "bound" portion. I need to do it again! How fun to attend Polly's swimming performance.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such fun Thank You cards! Love the cupcake and strawberry stickers!

Patti J said...

I like this fold too! Great cards, Cheryl! The thrift store is so lucky to have you! Thanks for sharing!

designbydonna said...

These cards are so cute. I like the bookbinding fold a lot too. Great use of the free stickers. The thrift store got a good return on that. Big sentiments are so great to fill up space so you rally don't need much else on a card.