Wish List

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Cards that are for the birds...

 

I've been consciously trying to use up the card parts I have accumulated over time. For this card, the lacy die-cut and the label for my sentiment were both in my card parts pile. The bird was a sticker from a sheet of birds with different colored wings that I've been trying to use up.

It felt good to use all three of these items on a single card.


The bird stickers were a really good buy, and I've used them on numerous cards. But it was time to use them up!

I stamped the sentiment onto my label and popped it up on foam tape before adding my bird, which was also popped up on a dimensional.







The inside featured a stamped sentiment, and that finished my card!






I had just two bird stickers left, so I decided to make a couple more cards. This one features the bookbinding fold. The black with polka dots is actually the reverse side of the aqua blue floral pattern. The sentiment was a die-cut--one of my favorites. I liked this card so much, that I decided to make another one.

This card was made exactly the same way; I just put the bird on the other side of the sentiment. I also changed where I put the little heart in the sentiment.


I have looked for more of these bird stickers at the Dollar Tree, but haven't found any. I thought they were so cute and the perfect embellishment for cards like this. There were 9 or 12 on a sheet and the wings were made from aqua, pink and yellow glitter CS.





The inside of each of these cards had a stamped sentiment which made them both get well cards.

We have had thunderstorms off and on during the Memorial Day weekend, so we have not spent a lot of time outside. The rain was welcome, though, for all our newly planted flowers and vegetables. Now we just need a little sunshine to help them grow!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Cheryl - sorry I've not been visiting blogs for a while, but I have just checked out all your recent posts. Amazing cards! Great job of using up more card parts, and also using your wonderful stickers.

Patti J said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! These are wonderful! Isn't it amazing what we have in our stash that we forget about....or hoard? So glad you let those wee birds fly! They are adorable, and your cards are perfect!

designbydonna said...

Isn't it a good feeling to use up some of your leftovers, evem if you are like me and seem to accumulate faster than use. I love that lacy background. The bookbinding cards are just pleasing to the eye. Another great use of Dollar Tree items.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the bird stickers and congrats on using some of your "stash" - I really need to do that.