Wish List

Friday, June 3, 2022

A few Father's Day cards...

 I have been making lots of Father's Day cards, as they are selling well at the thrift store. Here are three more of them:

I had a retro, die-cut automobile in my card parts, so it was time to put it on a card. I cut a stitched oval, inked its edges and glued the car to it. The oval was added to the card front with foam squares. 

Then I die-cut the letters for DAD several times and stacked them to add some dimension. The rest of my sentiment was printed with my computer and popped up on foam tape.


This photo gives you a little better idea of how everything has been popped up.








My inside sentiment was also a card part, left over from making Mother's Day cards. I decided it worked just as well for a dad, so I used it on the inside of this card.








This card was super quick and easy. I first used a background die on a light blue panel of cardstock to create the look of stars in the sky. Then I did some ink blending around the edges of the top and sides. Finally, I added a double-sided adhesive sheet to the back side and then rubbed clear glitter into the tiny holes for the stars. 

To finish, I die-cut my street scape, added some yellow CS behind the windows and adhered it to the bottom of my blue panel before adding it to my cardbase.

The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.


The inside sentiment was done with my computer. Easy, peasy!







This was another quick card. I did some ink blending on a light blue piece of CS to create a sunset (or is it a sunrise?). I also ink-blended my "lake" beneath my sky. I stamped some foliage on the right hand side, masking off my water, then I glued my black die-cut across the panel where the sky and water meet.

I used a wave stencil to add some motion to my water and finished it off with a few marks made with a white gel pen.

The entire panel was matted with black and glued to a white card base.

The sentiment was printed and popped up on foam tape.





I used a stamp set to create the inside sentiment.










This week I am pet-sitting for my daughter's dogs and cats. It's not a hard job, but it does require that I stay at their house so that I can let them out in the night or wee hours of the morning, as needed. I don't mind helping out, but it definitely cuts into my crafting time. 

We're also finalizing the design for our new kitchen. I can hardly wait for them to get started! It'll be a great excuse to forego a lot of cooking and to patronize the local restaurants. I'll also have an excuse to not clean the house. "What's the use?" I'll say. "It'll only get dusty and dirty again with all the workmen here."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, these are absolutely fabulous Cheryl, bet they sold in double quick time! I see you've been super busy as always, sorry I've missed so much ... I promise to do better!
Enjoy your pet-sitting, I've one here I can send over for a few days (though you might just send her home on the next flight LOL)

Lynette said...

Oh my - what great Father's Day cards, Cheryl!! That is awesome that people are already thinking ahead to Father's Day - although I guess it's coming sooner than I was thinking it was. :-) Nicely done, all of them.

Patti J said...

Very pretty cards, Cheryl - the thrift store will be so appreciative of them. Thanks for sharing!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These are wonderful Father's Day cards. I especially like the one with the houses. Good luck with your kitchen. We had ours made over about 10-12 years ago. Our daughter's FIL did the work while we were gone to Florida. It was nice to know we could trust the guy and not have to be there for all the mess.

Glittered Paws said...

You are such an asset to the thrift store - I really like the card with the diecut houses and of course the man/dog is one of my favorites.