Wish List

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Ink-resist baby card...

 

I have a selection of ink-resist papers from Stampin' Up in my stash. I cut some pieces from one of the sheets and inked them with some pretty pastel inks.

The middle piece was cut from plain white CS and dry-embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.


I had a few baby-themed stickers in my stash and used two of them on this card--the purple heart and the buggy. The little plastic hearts were selected from some that my sister sent me. They have texture and tiny scalloped edges and are very cute IRL.








The sentiment on the inside was stamped. It's from the very first "welcome baby" stamp set I ever purchased.










While I was in the mood for making baby cards (and using up some more of those stickers), I made two more.

The little baby jumper sticker is made from felt. I love the rickrack trim and the two tiny buttons.


For this card, I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the scalloped heart trim across the top. I added a couple of scored lines to give it more dimension.

The oval was inked along its edges before I added the bear sticker, die-cut bow and stamped sentiment.

These last two cards had stamped sentiments inside that were exactly the same as the first card I shared with you today.

My seeds for green onions and zucchini have finally sprouted. We are desperately trying to keep the rabbits from eating all the new shoots. They can be so destructive! They are even eating the new shoots off of our climbing rose bush. We have tried scattering moth balls around and sprinkling hot pepper sauce on the plants. If you have any tried and true methods for keeping those critters from eating your garden plants, please let me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are sweet baby cards. Love all the pastels. That heart border is perfect for baby cards. I like the score lines. I will have to keep that in mind. It does add a little more interest. As for rabbits in garden, good luck. Rabbits don't like spicy and pungent odors. Try red pepper flakes, shaved Irish Spring soap I have also read that hair clippings repet them. Have your local salon collect clippings and then spread them between the plants.

Jeanne H said...

Oh my, these baby cards are just wonderful! Love them, Cheryl.

Patti J said...

These are darling! What a pretty way to welcome a sweet new baby. Beautifully done!

Glittered Paws said...

Precious baby cards - and love the baby buggy stickers. I have a couple of baby cards in my stash - getting too old now for my kids or grandkids to be having babies. LOL

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These cards are adorable! Someone is going to love these!

Lynette said...

They are all so cute! Good luck with your garden. I wish I could offer you some suggestions, but a gardener I am not!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww these are adorable Cheryl - how fab is that ink resist paper, I've never heard of it before!
Sorry, can't help with your rabbits, my grandfather warred with them his entire life but don't think he got the better of them!