Wish List

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

I always knew we would get old...

 

I saw this sentiment on Pinterest, and I just had to use it on a couple of cards. It made me smile because it's SO TRUE!  I used my computer to print it out a couple of times, and matted each rectangle with some coordinating cardstock.

I chose a piece of heavy-weight, patterned cardstock to make my first card base. It was one of those patterns that had me scratching my head, wondering how I could use it. I actually really liked it for this card, especially after adding my sparkly balloons, which are popped up on foam squares.

This card base was made with another piece of heavy-weight cardstock. It had some fun, glittery colors on it that I could also use for my balloons. I didn't have the right shade of orange glitter card, so I just colored a piece of yellow glitter CS with an alcohol marker. It worked like a charm! The strings on my balloons are a pieces of sewing thread that are anchored behind my sentiment, which is also popped up on foam tape.

On the inside I added three more balloons, this time using regular cardstock and gluing them directly to the sentiment panel The strings were drawn on with a black pen.

The sentiment here is also computer-generated.

These were such fun cards to make, so I know I'll make more of them in the future and donate them, as well, to the thrift store.

The heat wave we've been experiencing in Minneapolis (reaching 101 degrees yesterday) has been so hard on my plants. I've been watering them, but the poor things are really stressed out. I hope it lets up soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Patti J said...

These are so much fun! The colors are bright and cheerful, and that sentiment could be written just for me! Lol…thanks for sharing!

designbydonna said...

Your cards are so fun. Love that sentiment! The sparkly balloons add a festive touch. 101 is truly hot. I hope you get some relief soon. I hope you are watering yourself too.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, great birthday cards and great sentiment! That is my feeling exactly!

Lynette said...

What a great sentiment, Cheryl! Great cards, too. The balloons work perfectly with those papers.

Glittered Paws said...

Loving the sentiment - in fact may have to borrow it!!!Perfect with the balloons especially the glitter ones. We have had some high 90's but not 100 yet. We have some new grass planted and Wayne waters it about every day.

Lynne in NI said...

Good job Cheryl, love your snazzy patterned card and that sentiment is so true!!
Send a wee bit of your weather our way (though maybe not those temps, I df couldn't stick them!) Our summer has been absolute rubbish so far this year! We bought a new sun lounger maybe 6 weeks ago and have used it once!!! On the bright side the grass is nice and green and I haven't needed to be out with the watering can ;)