Wish List

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

A cutting die from my sister...

My sister accidentally ordered the same die twice (I've done that, too!), and she was kind enough to send the extra one to me. Thanks, Michelle!  It's a great die and is perfect for making quick cards.

The die cuts a little pocket with flowers and foliage coming out of it. Here's the card I made:


I cut the entire thing out of white cardstock and used my alcohol markers to color each feature. I also used a white gel pen on the stitch lines of the pocket. The DSP behind my die-cut was cut from a sheet that looks like a watercolored background. The sentiment was printed with my computer and adhered with foam tape. Sorry for the dark picture. It was a dreary day when I took it.


I cut extra flowers and foliage and added them to the pocket, giving the die-cut lots of dimension. I also added some tiny, colored gems to the flower centers.

The button on the pocket was colored with a gold metallic marker.








I happened to have some pre-printed sentiment panels for A2 cards. I'm not even sure where I got them - possibly from the thrift store. I thought one of them would work well for this card. I added an extra flower as an embellishment.










Our 14-year-old grandson Patrick is in Colorado Springs, Colorado, this week at the Olympic Training Center there. He will have an intense week of training to improve his swimming skills (which are already amazing!). We're very proud of him and hope he has a memorable week.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Cute card, so colorful and happy! Gotta love a happy mail that contains a new die, right? Yep, we have all done that! Shirley and I trade our extras often! A huge congratulations to your grandson! How exciting! That center is amazing, and he will definitely learn a lot! Thanks for sharing - let us know how it goes!

designbydonna said...

Your card reminds me of the children's song Ring around the Rosy, Pocket full of Posies. Your coloring is amazing.. Those flowers just pop off the card. I would not have thought it was a one piece die. I've done that too--purchased the same thing twice. It is hard to keep track of all my "stuff".

Lynette said...

What a pretty card, Cheryl - I love all the flowers. How nice of your sister to send you her extra die set! Congrats to your grandson. I think he looks like his grandma - a lot!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a pretty card - yes I have ordered duplicates as well. Lucky I have a stamping bestie that I share with - Patti. What a great picture of grandson - and what an opportunity to be at the Olympic Training Center. We may see him in the summer Olympics.

Anonymous said...

Great card, glad I could share with you. Congrats to Patrick!!!

Jeanne H said...

A great pocket card - lucky you getting that die! :-)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

A beautiful bouquet of flowers on your card! And good for your grandson! I have a nephew who went to the Olympic Training Center years ago for gymnastics. It has to be an awesome experience for athletes!