Wish List

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there...

 

This card was a CASE of crafty friend Patti Gilliam's card on her blog Cherish Each Precious Day. You will find her card here. I didn't have the right stamps to make her exact card, so I printed the sentiment with my computer and then used some layering tree stencils to create the forest. This card was for my husband, and when he opened it, he said, "I really like that blue forest!"

On the inside, I stamped a simple "Happy Father's Day" with some dark blue ink.

I made one of these for the thrift store, too, and it sold immediately. They were so much fun to make, and I hope I remember to make a few more of them next year.

My grandson Patrick is having an awesome time at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. He is one of only two 14-year-olds chosen in a group of 40 to attend a special camp there. They're training hard, but also playing hard. Some members of the Denver Broncos football team are there as well. The swimmers get to eat lunch with them every day and they also spend time with them during breaks shooting hoops, playing "horse," etc. I'm sure he'll have lots of stories to tell when he gets home on Tuesday.

I just want to wish all of the dads out there a very happy Father's Day. I am missing being able to call my dad up today and tell him I love him. He was from the "old school" and it was hard for him to say "I love you" out loud. When I would tell him that, he would say, "And I you." That used to make me laugh.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


7 comments:

designbydonna said...

That forest is beautiful. I agree with your husband. I too like the blue forest. It sound like your grandson is having a fun time. What a wonderful opportunity. I wish him success as he pursues his swimming career.

Patti J said...

What fun to see your card this morning! I’m like your hubby, love that blue forest! Great card, my friend, and thanks for the shout out! Have an amazing week!

Patti J said...

I forgot to add that I enjoyed the update on your Colorado traveler! Tell him we are cheering him on!

Lynette said...

Great card, Cheryl, and how fun to CASE Patti! Sounds like a great time for Patrick, for sure.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The forest you created with a stencil is awesome! Love it!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the forest in blue - looks like a mountain top from far away in the blue. Bet your grandson is having the time of his life.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, it immediately reminded me of the trees Bob Ross would have painted! You placed your sentiment in the perfect spot there too!
What a brilliant experience for Patrick, I'm sure you are very proud of him!