Wish List

Friday, June 17, 2022

A few Father's Day cards...

 

For this ocean-themed card, I used a die-cut net that my sister had sent me. She actually sent me a few of these and they are so handy to have on hand for cards like this.

The background DSP looks like ocean water, don't you think? The letters for DAD are dimensional stickers, as is the shell. I die-cut the anchor and added some twine for the rope.


The sentiment on the inside was computer-generated.









My sister came to my aid once again, as the black die-cut in the background is also from her. She sent me a few of these and I've been gradually using them up. 

The typewriter was made with a die set that I've had for a while but haven't used much. I have some tiny sentiment stamps and found one that would fit on the paper in the typewriter.

The bottom sentiment was created with my computer and popped up on foam tape.

The sentiment on the inside of this card was stamped and said, simply, "Happy Father's Day."


I had one of these hat die-cuts in my stash, so I had to use it on a card. The band on the hat had a greenish tinge to it, so I found some DSP with that same  hue in the pattern. The sentiment panel is popped up on foam tape with the hat glued directly to it.


I found the inside sentiment in one of my stamp sets and decided to use it on this card. The font is a little too small, but I liked it so much that I used it anyway. I stamped a short squiggly border at the top and bottom to add some color to the panel.









There are two different layering die-cuts on the front of this card to create the plaid look. I cut "DAD" three times from navy blue cardstock and stacked the letters for extra dimension. The strip sentiment was stamped and popped up on foam tape.

The inside is stamped with "Happy Father's Day."

I'm not sure how many dads enjoy a latte, but I made a couple of these cards anyway and donated them to the thrift store. Once again, I used a background die-cut that my sister gave me. It's glued onto a dark green card base (even though it looks black in the photo).


I used vellum for the "steam" coming out of the top of the cup. Can you see it in the photo at right? I should have cut it twice and layered it so that it showed up a little more. Oh well, lesson learned.

I thought this would be a fun card in which you could tuck a Starbuck's gift card for a coffee-loving dad.

The front sentiment was printed and popped up and the inside said, "Happy Father's Day."

All of these cards and many more were donated to the thrift store.

Thanks for sticking with me through all of these photos. I hope your eyes didn't glaze over!

And now, remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wow, Cheryl, you have been busy. Love all your Father's Day cards. Your blue paper really does look like ocean water. Great use of all the textures. You have a super sister to share her die cuts with you. They have all been put to great use on your cards.

Patti J said...

Oh my word, you’ve been super busy! I love all of these, but I’m totally smitten with the ocean scene - love that net! Great job on all of these, Cheryl! You’re amazing!

Patti J said...

P.s. How’s your grandson doing in C. Springs? We’ve been thinking about him!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my you have been busy - love all the Father's Day cards and I bet they sold well at the thrift store. I love the ocean scene and the coffee mug and the vellum for steam - perfect.