Wish List

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Wedding card in pink...


I had this bride and groom die, a couple of pink flowers and some pink DSP lying on my desk. I looked at them and thought, "Why not? Summer weddings often feature the color pink, don't they?" So I went to work and came up with this card. 

The wedding die-cut was adhered to my DSP, the sentiment was stamped and then I decided to add the flower, along with some leafy fronds.


I added some white Nuvo Drops to the center of my flower. I also cut a tiny little flower for the bride's hair and added a Nuvo Drop to it, as well.

In this picture, the pinks of the flower and DSP don't look like they match at all! They really did look much better IRL.






I figured the inside should be just as pretty as the outside, so I added some DSP there, too. The sentiment was stamped onto a Spellbinder's fancy oval die-cut, and I added another flower just for fun.

This card was donated to the thrift store. It's the season for weddings, so I can hardly make enough wedding cards for them to sell. I plan to make a couple more this week--in colors other than pink.

Last night we celebrated my daughter's 47th birthday at a local seafood restaurant. My goodness, how did that happen?? The years have absolutely flown by! I remember when she was just a little girl--about two years old--and she didn't like wearing clothes. Every chance she got, she took all her clothes off. Luckily, she grew out of that phase fairly quickly. She has grown into a beautiful, accomplished woman, raising three children and working as an Associate Dean at a local university. If you're interested, here is her bio on the St. Thomas University website.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. That is an elegant bride/groom die cut. And your usual pretty flower. Adding a matching flower to the bride's hair was a good idea. Making the card as elegant inside is a nice touch. I often forget about doing that.

Patti J said...

Very elegant card, Cheryl! Love the dies you used, and the colors are soft and gorgeous well done, as always!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Cheryl, and a great way to put those elements together and get them off your desk! Funny that we both have daughters named Erin who turn 47 this year. :-) Very impressive - thanks for the link.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that die cut! You made a really beautiful wedding card - inside and out!

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful die cut - makes a really stunning wedding card - and love it in pinks. Our kids birthdays seem to go so quickly. I have a daughter that will be 57 tomorrow - yikes.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww beautiful card Cheryl, that die cut is sooooo pretty!
Checked out your daughter, she must be one clever cookie!