Wish List

Friday, July 1, 2022

Happy Independence Day...

 

This is an example of the cards I made this year to celebrate the 4th of July. The others looked just like this one.

I had a 12" X 12" piece of red and blue striped paper with stars along each of the stripes. I cut and adhered a piece of it to each blue card base. I decided to add even more stars with a special die and some holographic metallic cardstock. 

I love this "swirl of stars" die. It cuts not only the swirl with its stars connected, but also three other free-standing stars of different sizes. I adhered a large one in the lower left corner and the two smaller ones in the upper right corner.

The sentiment was printed with my computer, cut out with a sentiment strip die and then matted and popped up on foam tape.






The sentiment on the inside was also computer-generated. I added a few tiny holographic stars that I had in my stash.

Do you make 4th of July cards? They always seem like "low-pressure" cards to me, because nobody really expects to get a card for that holiday. I only send them to my elderly aunts, and they really appreciate them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great card for the Fourth, Cheryl! Well done.

Glittered Paws said...

Great 4th of July card - very festive.

Patti J said...

This is great! Love the design, the papers are perfect, and the sentiment rocks!

Lynne in NI said...

Fab 4th card Cheryl, love your starry theme! How on earth do you keep track of all your dies, do you store them all in binders?

designbydonna said...

The swirly star die is perfect for that striped paper. Love it all. I'm sure the sparkle is even better in real life. It is so hard to get shiny things to photograph. I do not make cards for July 4th. That die will be great for Christmas cards too.