Wish List

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #185: Anything Goes or Fun in the Sun...

 

It's time once again for our monthly challenge at Let's Craft and Create. You can always join in the fun via the category "Anything Goes," but I find it's even more fun to create a card according to the alternate suggestion. This time it's "Fun in the Sun."

I opted for a clean and simple design, and I really enjoyed how quickly this card came together.

I started with my scalloped and stitched rectangle and did a little light inking in the center--blue on the top, green on the bottom. When that was done, I used my stamp positioner to stamp my sentiment on the lower right. There were two line-art hearts that were part of the stamp, so I die-cut a couple of tiny red hearts and glued them on top of the line-art ones.


I die-cut my whimsical sun and adhered it to the panel. Then  I die-cut some clouds, inking them lightly on the bottom with blue ink. I popped a couple of them up with foam pads.









The sentiment on the inside came from a completely different stamp set than the one on the front. I thought it was perfect, though.

This would be a great card to send to a child or grandchild who's gone off to college. I think it would brighten their day and let them know how much they mattered.

I hope you'll consider making a card that will add some sunshine to someone's life and join our challenge. Check out the creations of the design team here. They are all so talented, and I think you'll be inspired.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a cheery card, Cheryl! You're right - it would certainly brighten someone's day!

Patti J said...

My mom used to sing this to me every day, as she brushed tangles out of my long blonde hair. Thanks for the memories! Love your cheerful card, my friend!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This card is going to make someone very happy! Such cute die cuts!

Glittered Paws said...

I love "you are my sunshine" cards - this really turned out cute. I think I need a sun die!!!