Wish List

Friday, July 22, 2022

Masculine birthday card...

 Some of you may remember that I always struggle with masculine cards. Occasionally, I "bite the bullet" and get some made. Here's one that I created recently:

Men like gears, right? I have some gear dies and used them for this card. The background paper is from a wood-patterned sheet that I've had for a long time..


The word "birthday" was cut, along with it's shadow, and popped up with foam squares. The chunky font makes it easy to attach the squares to the back.

I happened to have the word "happy" already heat-embossed with white EP on black cardstock, so I popped that up, too, with some foam squares.


The sentiment on the inside was printed with my computer.

I think I need to make a few more of these--some to donate and some to have on hand.

I am home now from our trip to Oregon and Washington. I hope to share some photos with you in my next vote. We had a lovely time and especially enjoyed spending time with our granddaughter, Hadley.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Those gears (and other elements!) make for a great masculine card. Welcome home! Glad you had such a nice time.

Lynne in NI said...

Glad you're home safe and sound, don't forget to post your photos, I always love to see where you've been on your adventures!
Great masculine card, I find them almost impossible to make - I love how you made your sentiment and the gears are perfect!

Anonymous said...

I like this card, always need ideas for those men!!!

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, that is a great masculine card. The gears are just perfect on that wood like background. The colors are all great. I think you do a great job with masculine cards.

Patti J said...

Hi honey, I’m home! Time to catch up on some comments! This is a great card! I have huge troubles with masculine cards, and this feels do-able! Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

I have those same gear dies - makes an awesome masculine card. In fact I need to make a couple this week as it seems like I never have enough man cards. I have a teen boy and a senior man that I write to and send a card weekly so they go fast. Your vacation pictures were great.