Wish List

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Thanks a melon...

 

I had an 8" x 8" sheet of watermelon patterned paper in my stash for a very long time. I also purchased a small set of watermelon dies. The warm weather of late has me craving a nice, cold piece of watermelon.  I haven't gotten that watermelon yet, so I decided to make a watermelon card instead.

I'm not sure what the name of this card fold is, but it's easy to make and I really like it. I'd share a link to the site where I saw it, but I can't find one anywhere!

I believe I started with a piece of cardstock cut at 7" x 5 1/2", scored at 2 3/4" to create an A2 card base. I also cut a piece that was 4" x 4", scored at 1" to create the smaller flap on the right side. Once the base was put together, it was simply a matter of cutting the pieces of DSP or white cardstock to fit each area.


The little watermelon dies cut three different layers, plus they have the holes through which you can use a black marker to color the seeds.








I used a stamped sentiment on the inside. I plan to make a couple more of these. They would be a fun addition to the selection of cards at the thrift store.

We are arriving home from our trip to the Northwest today. I'm hoping to share some photos with you very soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous paper so great for summer. And you know I like punny sentiments. I'll have to try that fold.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Wonderful summer card! Looks delicious.

Patti J said...

So cute! Bright an cheerful, and I love fresh fruit!!! Hugs!

Glittered Paws said...

Now you have me wanting a nice cold sweet watermelon!!! We have not bought one yet - but I think we will go to the produce market tomorrow on our way home from the doctor. Plus southern Missouri peaches are coming in and I want a few of those as well. This is a great card - I recently found an old watermelon stamp that I had stashed - so will be using it to make a couple of cards. Great job. Anxious to see your pictures.

Lynette said...

Great card, Cheryl! The paper and the dies match so perfectly and I love the dies!! Love the special folds, too. We'll have to get together really soon.