Wish List

Friday, July 15, 2022

Art Impressions Golden Oldies images...

 The thrift store where I volunteer received a donation of craft items that included some Art Impressions Golden Oldies card kits. The kits were not complete--parts of them had been used--but I was able to make a few cards out of what was left and donate them back to the store.

I created some backgrounds and then began layering the images on them.

I like these three grumpy guys. You can see the shadows in the above photo, caused by the popped up layers. 


These cards were so quick to make because all the images could be punched out - no cutting necessary!

Even the sentiment was punched out. I did layer it up, though, on some black cardstock to give it a more finished look.








The sentiment in the square came with the kit. I stamped "Happy Birthday" beneath it.









Can you imagine three "older" ladies doing this? The only outcome I can imagine is broken hips and fractured knees!


The layers are clearly visible in the photo at left.









I added some blue paper to the inside of this card before adhering the matted sentiment.

Sometimes it's fun to take a break and use a kit like this. It was very satisfying to make these cards in such a short amount of time. They sold really well at the thrift store, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

These are as cute as can be - and they were quick and easy and sold fast at the thrift - what more can a stamper ask for???

Lynette said...

That is so cool that you get a few things once in a while from the thrift store to use for the cards that you donate back to them - a win-win! Great cards.

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Love the images, your coloring is perfection, and your design is so much fun! Great job!

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl, they're so much fun and I love all the dimension with your layers. I can imagine they didn't hang round your store for long!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, these cards gave me a HUGE smile when I opened the email! They are sooooo fun! These will get grabbed as soon as they get to the store.

designbydonna said...

LOL! These are so adorable. Love those images. What a fortunate find at your thrift store. These cards will go fast.