Wish List

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

One die + two papers = two cards...


 I pulled out my Big Paper Hugs die along with some patterned and pale pink papers. I already had two card bases (medium pink and black) in my stash, so I pulled those out, too.


I cut a piece of pale pink CS to 4" X 5 1/4". Centering the die on this piece, I ran it through my Big Shot. When I rmoved the letters, I made sure I also kept the interior pieces for the letters B, P, A and R.







I followed the same process with the floral CS. Before assembling the cards, I also cut a few small flowers out of a leftover piece of the medium pink CS.

Then the fun part began with first putting sheet adhesive on the backs of the two 4" x 5 1/4" pieces and adhering those to the card fronts. That left adhesive exposed in the letter cutouts. It was easy to add the floral letters to the pink CS and the pale pink letters to the floral CS.

The fronts were finished off with a few flowers glued here and there.








The inside of each card was given a stamped sentiment.

I love paper-piecing, and these cards were a form of that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Well-done, Cheryl!! I have done very little of piecing in die-cuts. Such a great effect, and great cards.

designbydonna said...

Great cards. Love the big sentiments and the addition of flower accents. I know the recepients of these cards will be cheered

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, cute as can be! Thanks for reminding me of this technique! Am having a great time wearing my grandma hat in sunny California! Will be home the 23rd. Will try to drop in every couple of days! Hugs…

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a great die - and then you pieced the little pieces back in - what patience and talent. Love these cards.

Lynne in NI said...

Well that was a very clever idea Cheryl! These would be sure to make anyone smile!