Wish List

Friday, May 20, 2022

Butterfly cards...

 I saw the idea for this card somewhere on Pinterest and I loved the simplicity of it. I stamped, colored and die-cut my butterfly, used a stencil to add some clouds, stamped a sentiment and added a few gems. Easy peasy!


I cut off the original body and antennae of the butterfly and added a die-cut body between the wings. I thought it looked so much better than the stamped one.

I also popped the wings up with small foam squares.




On the inside, I added a computer-generated sentiment.







As I was figuring out what to do with my stamped butterflies, I saw this flower laying on my desk, leftover from a previous project. After adding some polka-dot paper to the front of my cardbase, I adhered my flower stem and popped up the blossom with foam squares. A matted strip sentiment was all that was needed to finish my card front.


The butterfly on this card was colored slightly differently than the one on the first card but was adhered to the card in the very same way.









For this card, I added some yellow CS to the inside and stamped a simple "thank you." I really like adding a coordinating cardstock to the inside whenever I can.

I am mourning the loss of my Kindle. I've had it for quite a few years and have appreciated being able to check out e-books from the library or buy them online. I tried to use it today and it simply wouldn't turn on, even though it was fully charged. The "on" light kept going on and off. According to an online source, that probably means the battery is bad. Luckily, my DH has a Kindle Fire that he never uses, so I am going to reset it to factory defaults and then re-register it in my name. Wish me luck in getting that done on the first try!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Oh, you know how I love butterflies. They add beauty and serenity to a card. Love that cloud background. Do you remember who make that stencil? The yellow flower is so bright and cheerful. I've been thinking it was time to replace my Kindle. It keeps shutting itself off in the middle of my reading. Don't think I want to go back to lugging a book around. Good luck with the switch over.

Lynette said...

Your clouds are so beautiful and perfect that I thought you had used patterned paper - well done! And I love your butterflies, too. Good luck with your Kindle Fire. I've had a couple and now have a Samsung tablet. Jim still uses a Fire.

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Love your butterfly, my friend! Hope your hubby’s Kindle works for you!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love butterflies and the ones you used are beautiful. I especially like the second card.

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - love both of the cards you crated.
I'd be lost without my i-pad- love to read my books and e books on it. Praying this works for you to rework hubby's Kindle.