Wish List

Friday, May 27, 2022

Those Dollar Tree stickers are coming in handy...

 A couple of months ago I purchased some metallic gold stickers at Dollar Tree. I thought they would be useful in making quick cards for the thrift store. They turned out even better than I expected!

This is a mini-slimline card with three apertures in the top layer. I simply added a sentiment and some of those gold stickers to the apertures. 

Although you can't see them unless you enlarge the photo, there are gold specks in the DSP of the top layer, so the gold stickers coordinate well.


The stickers are very dimensional and add some additional metallic shine to the card.







On the inside, I stamped one of my favorite birthday sentiments.






I also made a couple of Mother's Day cards with these stickers:

The sentiment on these two card fronts was heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The top layer on all three of these cards was popped up on foam tape, which added some nice dimension.


In this photo, you can definitely see how that top layer is popped up.









I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside.

I was pleased that all of these cards sold quickly at the thrift store. Even though they were super simple to make and used some inexpensive stickers, I thought they turned out nicely.




I am looking forward to the weekend. The weatherman has said we can expect some spectacular weather. That means I may not get much crafting done. I still have a couple of outside projects to complete, so, hopefully I'll get them done.

If you live in the U.S., I hope you are able to enjoy this long Memorial weekend. I also hope the weather is spectacular where you live!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, those are very pretty! The little gold stickers are a perfect size.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the cards -Love Dollar Tree - oops Love $1.25 Tree - but still a great deal. The gold looks so elegant. I love the birthday sentiment too.
Getting ready for Patti and my stamp class - we have 28 signed up - that is a lot of cutting.
Have a great day.

Patti J said...

This is so pretty! Love the die with the three windows! Great find at Dollar Tree! Shirley and I found some cute stamps there a while back. Thanks for sharing!

designbydonna said...

This a great design to showcase those gold blowers. Love the seletion of papers and those indented corners. You find the best things at Dollar Tree.