Wish List

Friday, May 13, 2022

Graduations are happening...

 ...so I have made a few graduation cards.

I made a few of these cards--one for me to send to my nephew's daughter and a few for the thrift store.

I started with a white cardbase and pale blue panel for the front. I used a blending brush to add some darker blue around the top and sides. Then I created a starry sky by using a background die that cuts all the tiny apertures.

Once that was done I applied a sheet of double-sided adhesive to the back of my starry sky and rubbed some glitter into all the little star openings on the front. I wish you could see the sparkle!

Finally, I die-cut the line of celebrating graduates and glued them to the front. 

The sentiment was stamped with an old wood-mounted stamp and popped up with foam tape. A tiny holographic star was glued to each side of it.

These cards were made by first dry-embossing a white panel for each card. Then I cut some big numbers out of red and blue cardstock to match the card bases. I cut the numbers a couple of times and stacked them for a little more dimension. 

Finally, I die-cut a mortarboard for each card and adhered it to the first "2" in 2022.

This was such an easy card to make, and it is no problem to coordinate its colors with those of the graduate's school.

I will probably make a few more of these for the thrift store.



This is the sentiment that I stamped on the inside of each card. It was put together from a couple of different stamp sets. Love when I can do that!

I had a very busy card-making week. I managed to make 25 cards this week, 23 of which were donated. It does my heart good when I can take a big pile of cards to the thrift store. They sell so quickly there--especially those for occasions like graduation. People still send "real" cards to graduates because they generally include a monetary gift.

Our temps have soared into the 80s and 90s. That means that our grass is growing like mad. It's a good thing our mower has been tuned up and is ready to go. I'm certain I'll be mowing soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are great graduation cards.The grad silhouettes really stand out against the blue starry sky--you could also use the sky is the limit for a sentiment. That embossing reminds me of rows of mortar boards. Great background for the big numbers. You have really been busy making cards to donate. I'm sure they really appreciate every one.

Lynette said...

Awesome graduation cards, Cheryl! You do such great "work." I love both of the designs you have shared today.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love your graduation cards. I have the die that you used on the first card and love it. Really like the sentiment you used on that one too. The cards with "2022" on that embossed background are great too.

Patti J said...

These are both great cards! Love the stenciled background on the first one, and the simplicity of the second one! You so totally rock!

Glittered Paws said...

What great graduation cards - and talk about being BUSY - wow girl you have been busy making and selling cards. Way to go.
Our temps have been in the 80's and 90's as well seems like hubby is mowing twice a week. And we have a lot to mow. 5 acres but we only mow about 2 of those 5. Been playing with the Lawn Fawn platform card. Will share when I "perfect" them. LOL