Wish List

Friday, April 29, 2022

Remember those "Peter Pan" collars?

 

I made three cards with "Peter Pan" collars for Mother's Day cards. If you do a search for them, you'll find lots of examples. The real Peter Pan-style collar is a bit more rounded, but still quite similar to what I created.


I used double-sided DSP and cut a piece that was slightly smaller than my card base.

I cut 1 1/2" down from the center point of the top of the piece.  After it was cut, I rounded both the corners that met in the middle.

Each collar half was rolled over a narrow strip of foam tape that held it down while also giving it some dimension.


Once that was done, I added a bow and three buttons. The buttons on this card were made using button dies. I cut several layers and glued them together.

For this one, I added real buttons. Each one was adhered with a glue dot.

I also stamped my sentiment in the middle of the card base above the collar.







This card also had die-cut buttons. I used baker's twine for what looks like the thread in each button.

I'm not sure why this card's bow looks so wonky. I guess it's been a while since I've tied ribbon bows!





Each card had a computer-generated sentiment on the inside.

I took these cards to the thrift store today, so we'll see if the customers like them.







And now for a bit of family news--my DH and I attended our first synchronized swimming meet this week. Three high school teams competed in the meet. It was so much fun to watch. Our granddaughter Polly is on her high school's synchronized swim team and absolutely loves it! I'm proud to say that Polly's team won the meet.


Polly is the swimmer in the center. She performed here with two other girls.

There were actually solo, duet, trio and team performances during the meet.













This was taken while they were performing. Polly is again in the center, and the trio is perfectly in sync!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



9 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are adorable Mother's Day cards. I'm sure they will sell fast. I remember those Peter Pan collars. I even had some that were just the collar to attach over plain necklines. I always enjoy watching synchronized swimming at the Olympics. It is amazing what they can do.

Lynette said...

Oh, those cards are so cute, Cheryl! I'm sure they are already sold by now. :-) Congrats to your granddaughter. How fun to watch!

Anonymous said...

Great cards mkw

Lynne in NI said...

Aww these are lovely Cheryl, bet they flew out your store!
I'm sure that was fun going to see your granddaughter compete, she must be fit as a fiddle!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have a feeling those cute cards are going to sell very quickly! Love the rounded collars and how you "curled" them slightly.

Congratulations to your granddaughter and the swim team for winning first place. Always fun to watch our grandchildren in events. Tomorrow we're going to watch one of our granddaughters in the Pre-Prom Grand March where all the couples come in with their prom attire. Should be fun to see all of the dresses.

Darnell said...

Your vintage Mother's Day designs with the Peter Pan colors are fantastic, Cheryl! I love the pp you picked out! Thank you for sharing the photos of Polly, too. I've always been mesmerized by synchronized swimming. To me it looks so hard and you have to have amazing control and focus! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Yes! I remember! Love your sweet cards, Cheryl! And oh my! The swim photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my love the peter pan collar cards - I think I am going to have to try this - hopefully in the next few days. They will go quickly at the thrift store.
Love to watch synchronized swimming - has to require a lot of talent and discipline. TFS the swim pictures.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've made cards with that fold but never remember to make them look like a "piece of clothing". Really love the ones you made.

It must be fun watching Polly with synchronized swimming. We always enjoy watching our grandchildren participate in their sports. (No musicians anymore.)