Wish List

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Silhouette Easter cards...

I made two Easter cards with my Silhouette Cameo. They were both exactly the same, so I'm sharing just one of them with you today.

I began making this card by cutting the design (122342 in the Silhouette Design Store) from some champagne-colored cardstock that had a nice sheen to it. I have found that cardstock with a sheen usually cuts quite cleanly on the Silhouette and works well for intricate designs.

Once the cutting was done, I scored and folded my card and then wondered what I could do to enhance the pretty design. 

I decided to cut a piece of cardstock that had a deep teal color on one side and white on the other side to exactly fit the entire front of my card. I covered the teal side with a double-sided adhesive sheet. Then I carefully adhered it to the back side of my card front so that the teal showed through the design.

Finally, I rubbed some clear glitter into all the open areas of the design on the front. That gave me a sparkly teal design that I loved!

I added a stamped sentiment on the inside, and my card was done!

I liked these cards a lot, but I had already made more Easter cards than I needed for this year. I decided to keep these two cards in my stash for next year and make some more of them whenever I have time, using different colors of cardstock behind the design. I feel pretty good having already gotten a jumpstart on next year's cards.

Exciting things are about to happen at our house! I had a fun conversation with a kitchen designer today. She is going to help us design a new kitchen that we hope to get started on very soon. I know it is going to be a lot of work (we'll have to get everything out of that room), it's going to be uncomfortable not having a stove or kitchen sink for a while, and the hammering will probably drive me to distraction, but I am SO looking forward to a clean, new, workable space. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a gorgeous card. The blue glittery background really enhances the design, This would look great in all the pastel spring colors. I am jealous you are getting a new kitchen, Everytime I suggest a kitchen redo, my DH laughs and asks if it would make me cook more!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Easter card and love the glitter showing through the cutouts. We redid our kitchen area a couple of years ago - hubby did the design as well as the work and yes it is a "mess" but well worth it in the end.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful design! Happy Easter to you!

Lynette said...

So beautiful! I love the sparkle, and I love that you used your Silhouette. I really need to use mine! I have checked out all of your recent cards, but just don't have time to comment on them all. The shaker cards are very cool!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card, such a pretty design and I'm loving your sparkly blue!
Lucky you getting a new kitchen! I need one too but can't be bothered with the upheaval just at the minute but it's definitely on the To Do list! Best tip I heard is to future proof - I've seen some designs for top shelving where they kind of come out and down to your level when you open the door. Sounds like a good idea to me!