Wish List

Friday, April 8, 2022

Easter butterflies...

I am finally getting around to writing my usual Friday post. I had a second COVID booster shot and a second shingles vaccination shot on Wednesday. They told me I may be a little achy and tired on Thursday, and I was, so didn't get it written then.


 I made these two bright and cheery Easter cards and added them to my pile of cards to donate to the thrift store.

These were fun and quick to make, as they used two pre-made card bases that the thrift store had given me. These are Z-fold card bases, where the front is scored halfway across, down to the scalloped cutout. The panel on the right side then folds back onto itself. 

All I did to complete the cards was dry-emboss the front panel, add some circles and butterflies to the scalloped section, and then finish the inside.

Before adding the white circle, I stamped my sentiment and added some foam squares behind it to pop it up a bit.

This teal card was done exactly the same way.


My little butterflies were cut using one of my favorite butterfly dies. I love its simplicity and the stitching on the wings. A little gem was added to the center of each.







On the inside of the purple card, I added a sentiment on vellum that was in my stash. It was long enough that I could wrap the ends around a white piece of cardstock and adhere it. I realize there is no room for a signature, but I figured one could be added to the left inside panel of the card.

The teal card had a stamped sentiment on the inside, which I didn't bother to photograph.

We had an issue yesterday with our kitchen faucet--it quit working, in that we were unable to shut it off! Gary used the shut-offs (which were in the basement) to stop the flow of water. Since neither of us has any plumbing skills, I called my brother, who does. He came over today, installed a new cartridge, and--voila!--the faucet works perfectly! Bless him! I don't know what I'd do without him. I am so thankful he lives nearby and is so willing to help us out. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are so pretty - very eye catching! Thanks for always inspiring me to get creative!

Lynne in NI said...

These are so pretty Cheryl, and I can understand why that's a favourite butterfly die!
Glad your brother got you sorted, I'm lucky that mine lives close to me too :)

designbydonna said...

That unique fold and scallop make these very pretty cards. The colors are perfect for spring. If Mother Nature doesn't get her act together here and let us have spring, I am afraid the butterfliew will get frost bitten wings.
Plumbing problems are the wrost. We recently had leaks in the bathroom. Nice to have a ready to call plumber in the family.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, those two cards are so very pretty! Love the dsp and the colors.