Wish List

Friday, April 15, 2022

An Easter card for next year...

I made 60-70 Easter cards this year (I should have taken an actual count), but most of them were donated. I'm happy to say, when I finished my volunteer stint at the thrift store yesterday, they had all sold but one. And who knows? Maybe that one will sell, too, before Sunday. 

I held one Easter card back for myself, however, to give me a little start on next year's Easter cards.

I had this flower stamp with its matching die, and I thought it would make a pretty focal point on a card. It's quick and easy to color, too. I'm not the best at coloring, although I do enjoy it, so it's a good one to practice on. The spray of flowers is easy to pop up on foam squares for a little added dimension.

I happened to have a section of self-adhesive pink border that was just long enough to fit across the bottom. That, along with a printed sentiment that was also popped up on foam tape, was all I needed to finish the card front.

I stamped a sentiment on the inside. I may still add a stamped flower, but I've got an entire year to figure out if that's what I want to do.

We had lots of wind and a bit of snow here today. The snow was not enough to even cover the ground--absolutely nothing compared to what they've gotten north and west of here. I have sisters in North Dakota who have received two feet of the white stuff, along with high winds! Having grown up there, I know what that is like. It's especially rough for the cattle farmers whose cows may be in the midst of calving right now. I pray it all works out okay for them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow! It does make a lovely focal point! What a pretty card to get you started next year! Great job!

Glittered Paws said...

Happy Easter - very pretty card. I am not the best in coloring either but I do enjoy. You are now one ahead on your Easter cards.I think I sent out about 15 this year. Your cards did well at the thrift store, and I bet the one left sold too. No snow - coldish and winds. Ready for some warmer temps.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, that's a fabulous amount of Easter cards you made Cheryl, well done you!!! And this one for next year is so pretty, your colouring looks good to me!
I heard about the weather in America and the snow storm, the farmers certainly have a hard life!

Lynette said...

What a pretty group of flowers, Cheryl. And your card is great! Hope you had a nice Easter.

designbydonna said...

Those flowers are beautiful. They remind me of pink dogwood which is just beginning to bloom here. They do make a very pretty Easter card. You were very busy to get that many cards done. It is good to have 1 already for next year. It has been a cool and gloomy April here, but fortunately no more snow. I suppose we will soon just skip on into summer heat.