Wish List

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Using up some stash...

 I've had--for a few years--a small paper pack (4" X 4") that has some gold foil doily punch-outs included in its pages, and I really wanted to use them. I finally just took a couple of them out and made two identical cards.

I decided to make two anniversary cards for the thrift store. I cut each doily in half and glued each half to either side of a strip of ivory cardstock on top of a DSP panel. My card base was also made from ivory cardstock.

My sentiment was heat-embossed with gold EP onto my ivory strip. I also added a few gold half-pearls.


On the inside, I heat-embossed another simple sentiment.

As you can imagine, these were quick to make, and I had two of them done in no time flat!



Then, I looked at a random pre-made cardbase that had been laying on my work table for months. I NEED to use that up, I thought, but what could I do with it?



When you look at this card base, I'm sure you can understand why it took me so long to use it. With a pattern that large and uniform, how can you complement it?


I decided to use a little trellis-like die-cut (also laying on my desk for a couple of weeks) and add some climbing flowers to it. I was hoping they would sort of mimic the flowers on the card base.

I glued the trellis directly to the card base. Then I die-cut the climbing flowers twice out of white cardstock and colored them with alcohol markers.

After gluing them onto the trellis, I added a banner sentiment (another unused item on my desk!) over the point where the two die-cuts met.




On the inside, I cut and colored a couple little flowers and added a strip sentiment (from my pile of strip sentiments) to finish the card.

I felt pretty self-satisfied, having used so many items from my stash for these cards. But then, two seconds later, reality set in and I realized I hadn't really made a dent. I promise to keep trying, though. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

You did a great job using up stash items. The gold foil doilies are really pretty. I think I have some of those somewhere, I'll have to search. I love the trellis card. The climbing flowers complement the background. I am with you on the not making a dent. This must be some kind of new math--it multiplies faster than we can use it.

Lynette said...

These are both great, Cheryl. Good job of using up pieces! Of course we will NEVER us up all of our extras, but it's always a good feeling to use some of them, anyway. And you made such a pretty card with them.

Glittered Paws said...

I guess I don't much stash because I don't have much on my desk, which means I have to get up to go look. LOL Love the second card - perfect die cuts for the big print. Wonder why we keep "little" pieces of left over pattern paper or cardstock. Hmmmm

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Good for you digging in to some of your things that you have had for a while. I especially like the one with the flowers. The trellis idea with some small flowers was a perfect way not to cover the very pretty base.

I am trying really hard to stop buying more paper so I am concentrating on using some packages that are now retired. I just see so many pretty designs.

Lynne in NI said...

Well done on making your beautiful creations from your stash (great job on your floral one, those little flowers and trellis work perfectly with your paper!). I try not to accumulate too much stash round me as I find it rarely inspires me.