Wish List

Friday, April 1, 2022

Easter egg shaker cards...

I made five shaker cards for Easter. I've only kept one of them for my own use--the rest were donated--but they were fun to make.

I started by choosing some pale cardstock colors and stamped five panels with an Easter background stamp in a somewhat darker color.


I cut the back piece of each shaker out of the pale cardstock I had stamped on. Then I chose a darker shade as a mat for the stamped panel, and also for the shaker edge and bow.

I used coordinating alcohol markers to add a little dimension to the bows.







I also cut the shaker's outer edge from Dollar Tree foam board to give the added dimension needed so my sequins could move around.

Looking through my scrap acetate (most of it from packaging materials), I found a piece that was big enough and sturdy enough to use as the clear cover piece for each shaker. 

The shaker pieces--backer, foam board edge, acetate cover, cardstock edge and bow--were adhered together with a special glue. It's called Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. It seems to work well on embellishments, hard-to-glue items and mixed materials.

On the inside of each card, I added a stamped sentiment and an Easter egg stamped in the appropriate color.

I thought these cards would work well for grandparents to give to their grandchildren, so I hope they sell well at the thrift store.

Workers were here today tearing the brick and stucco off the lower 5 feet, or so, of the front of our house. We are having some work done to repair and waterproof it. I will be so glad when it is done so that we can put in some new plants and flowers. Of course, the best outcome will be that we will not have to worry about continuing water damage when the rains come.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

P.S. Don't get fooled today!


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all cute Easter cards. That background stamp is a great backdrop. Shaker cards are fun so I am sure these will go quickly at the thrift store. We had a big Mother Nature April Fool here. We woke up to a dusting of snow. Our saying in Indiana is "if you don't like the current weather, just wait a minute". So now the sun is out and we are well on our way to a 50 degree high day.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Cheryl, these are gorgeous shaker cards, and love the cardstock too. I hope you and your family have a very happy Easter break. Take care Michelle x

Patti J said...

Beautiful shaker cards, Cheryl! Such pretty colors! So glad you’re getting your house fixed! You’ll have to post before and after pics!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love these Cheryl, that BG stamp is fabulous! I'll bet these are sold out by now! X
Hope your building work goes well, it sounds like it's a job well worth doing.

Lynne in NI said...

Ps yes I get caught every year with April Fools ... My mum still casts up every year the time I heard on the radio that they were going to decimalise time, I think I was about 10 and she's still laughing 40 years later ;)

Glittered Paws said...

Love the shaker card - I just don't do well with them - my fill always creeps out. I may have to try some sticky foam and see if that works. I know the grand kids would love them. I really like the background Easter stamp you used as well. I have some Easter egg dies - hoping I have some time to play today.