Wish List

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

On to Mother's Day...

Since the next holiday we celebrate here in the U.S. is Mother's Day, I've begun making some cards for the occasion.

This pretty little teapot filled with flowers is from the same stamp set as the spray of flowers on the card in my last post. It was actually really fun to color--not too difficult and quick to finish.



I used my alcohol markers as well as some colored pencils. I think I'll stamp a few more of these and make them into cards for the thrift store.







I made this card as a z-fold with the white focal panel glued on just one side and hanging off the front.


When fully opened, the card looks like this. Easy, fun to make, and looks pretty impressive to those who don't make their own cards.

For this card, I colored my image first and then picked out my DSP. I think I'll reverse that order when I make my next card. Then, hopefully, I won't spend an inordinate amount of time looking for a DSP that coordinates with my image.

Today I met with the kitchen designer to help us get started on our new kitchen. She's taking measurements as I type this. It's so exciting! I'm actually going to start packing away seldom-used kitchen items and donating some never-used items tomorrow, which I think will be very cathartic. 

I'm also doing laundry today--not fun at all!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

What a pretty little pot of flowers, and so wonderfully colored! Good luck with your kitchen ... and your laundry! LOL!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww beautiful card Cheryl. Such a pretty little teapot of flowers, and great job with your colouring (the little white dots are a lovely touch!)
I love a good clear out - best tip I ever got was to keep only things that you use all the time or things that bring you joy!

Glittered Paws said...

What a cute teapot of cards - and colored so pretty - I always forget to use my colored pencils with alcohol markers, pretty card for mothers day. Packing is never fun. We redid our kitchen a couple years back - and got ride of seldom used stuff and wouldn't you know it today I needed something I got ride of.

Patti J said...

Your teapot full of blooms is the perfect Mother’s Day greeting! Beautifully done, as always! Can’t wait to see before and after pics! Thanks for sharing!

designbydonna said...

That is a pretty tea pot filled with pretty flowers. Even if it did take awhile, that is the perfect paper for this card. Getting a new kitchen is so exciting and I am sure will be worth living in a mess for awhile.