Wish List

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Granddaughter's birthday card...

 

This card was quite simple on the front. I made the base with heavy, glossy cardstock and added a pretty peacock that had been die-cut from holographic cardstock. 


I added just a few gems for color and a simple sentiment, popped up on foam squares. 

I had decided to keep the outside simple and save all of the Wow! factor for the inside.








This is what she saw when she opened the card. I used a" twist and pop" mechanism for the pop-out. I have made them by hand in the past, but I now have a die set that cuts out all the components for me.

I probably should have chosen a die with a shadow background for my happy birthday. It is easier to read IRL, but I think some white behind it would have been nice.











The little pocket (one of the dies in my die set) was where I was able to tuck a check as her birthday gift. I die-cut a little purse to signify what the pocket was for.




The little butterfly that you see on the left panel in this photo was punched from the same holographic cardstock as the peacock.

To finish the card, I added a white rectangle beneath the pop-out as a place to write a note and sign the card. 

I'm happy to report that my granddaughter loved it. In fact, she said I must be a "paper magician." It's so much fun to make and give cards that are received with such enthusiasm.

My DH is doing great after his knee-replacement surgery. In fact, I took him to his first physical therapy session today. They certainly don't waste any time getting the patients back into shape. His discomfort has been minimal, and he really hasn't taken many pain pills at all. He does take one at night before bed so he can be sure to sleep, but he hasn't taken any during the day since Saturday. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Patti J said...

So happy to hear that your hubby is doing well, that’s a big surgery! Your card IS magical, so I agree with your daughter! Great job, my friend! I’ve been in CA with our grandson and his parents-sorry I’ve missed some of your posts! Will try to do better! Keep sharing your amazing creations!

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous card front and what a fun surprise inside. I agree with your granddaughter, you are a paper magician. I haven't done any twist and pop cards. Who make the die that you used? Glad to hear your DH is getting along well.

Lynne in NI said...

Well this definitely has the W-O-W factor. I'll bet she was thrilled with it (and the cheque too LOL)
That's great news that hubby is doing so well, amazing that he's on so few painkillers!

Glittered Paws said...

WOW - factor plus - I'm sure grand daughter loved her birthday card. I "think" I have a die that does the pop and twist - have not used it - but now think I will get it out and play with making some. So happy DH is doing well and glad his pain management is doing well. I simply have to get mine done - I just don't know which one to do first.

Lynette said...

What an amazing card, Cheryl - I can see why she loved it so much!!