Wish List

Friday, March 18, 2022

Fun, masculine cards...

When I complained in one of my previous blog posts about making masculine cards, my sister offered to send me some vest and tie die-cuts. I readily accepted her offer thinking they'd jumpstart my "masculine mojo" and help me get some cards made for the men in my family. Here are a couple of the cards I came up with:

It was fun putting them together. The die set is pretty easy to assemble. I added Nuvo Drops for the buttons and simply drew in the buttonholes.

My sister asked me what colors and/or patterns of paper I wanted her to use for the die-cuts. I told her she could decide and I would work with whatever she sent me. I thought she did a great job picking out some masculine-looking patterns.

I think this one is my favorite. It reminds me of my husband. He loves an argyle pattern. The reverse-scallop circles were inked on their edges and the vests were popped up on foam tape.

I hadn't added any inside sentiments yet when I took these photos, so I can't share those with you. I'll be making more cards like these (I think I received six vests and ties), so I'll be sharing those in the future along with their inside sentiments.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. We are supposed to have true spring-like weather here in Minnesota. Our snow is melting fast and will soon be gone (hooray!), and then the flowers will begin to poke their heads above ground. We are having some exterior work done on the front of our house this spring, so the workers may trample the tulips we've planted there, but it can't be helped. We will save as many of them as we can.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out so nice! As i find more manly prints i can make more for you! MKW

designbydonna said...

These turned out fantastic. Great idea for masculine cards. How special to have a sister who also crafts and is willing to share.

Carol O'Connor said...

Great idea for those men!

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely adorable - ok well masculine - and a great die and so nice of your sis to send them to you. Spring has sort of sprung here - although it is chilly here today. Daffodils are up.

Jeanne H said...

Super masculine cards. Nice work making them. As another MN crafter, I'd love to meet you.

Lynne in NI said...

Cool masculine cards, love the die you used. It reminded me of waaaaay back (before home die cutting machines!) when there was a paper fold you could do to create a little shirt (mine always looked rubbish!)

Patti J said...

These are great! Would love to know who to buy the dies from… What perfect man cards! I’m sure they were a sellout at the thrift store! They are so blessed to have you!Thanks for sharing and inspiring!