Wish List

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Easter cards for Ukraine...

In the midst of making Easter cards for family and friends, I decided to make a few to show my support for the brave people of Ukraine.

I started by using a pierced pattern background die on a panel of white cardstock. I then used my brayer to apply a coating of blue ink to the panel. 


Once I was satisfied that I had enough ink on the panel, I adhered it to my card base. 

The Easter egg was created with a layered die set using three different shades of yellow and some metallic gold CS for the top layer. A few blue gems were added for a bit of sparkle.






My blue ink pad was getting a little dry, so I decided to try some medium blue cardstock with white ink brayered onto the pierced design. You can see the result in the photo at right. It's more subtle, but I still liked it. The white ink helped the pierced design to be more pronounced.








I also created a banner for each card, stamping the word "Peace" from one of my Christmas stamp sets. The banner die is an old one I've had for many years. I think it was one of the first die sets I ever bought.

The banners were popped up with foam tape. I couldn't decide if I liked them better in the center of the egg or towards the bottom, so I made a few of each.




I used my computer to print out an Easter sentiment for the inside of each card.

When I see the news reports about Ukraine, my heart breaks for the people there. I cannot imagine such a vicious and unprovoked invasion of my homeland. I pray they will stay strong and united and that the U.S. and other countries will give them the help they need to overcome this aggression.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are beautiful and the message is just right for these times. Beyond praying for the Ukranian people, I feel so helpless. I cannot imagine what they are going through. I have quit watching the news.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love those layered dies you used for the egg! Very special cards!

Lynette said...

These are great cards, Cheryl. I love the effect of brayering over your background. The eggs are beautiful, too. And so is the inside sentiment!

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful - and what a sad time for the people of Ukraine, I just can't imagine the pain and heartache they are facing. I like how you brayered over the background in blue.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, those eggs look good enough to eat, the gold top layer sets it off perfectly
My heart is sore every evening watching the news from Ukraine, an absolute living nightmare for those poor people, and so hard to see an end in sight any time soon. And even then, so many lives lost and homes and towns destroyed.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, and the colors are perfect for today’s sadness in Ukraine. You have such a good heart - thank you for being so thoughtful.