Wish List

Friday, March 11, 2022

Cutting intricate patterns from patterned cardstock...

To be honest, I didn't think it would work very well. I had some glossy big-patterned cardstock. It was the kind of pattern that I look at and think, "What can I possibly make from that?" Well, I decided I had to give it a try, and if it looked awful, I'd just toss it.

This piece of CS had big flowers and greenery on it. I should have taken a photo before I cut into it. I used a flowery background die that I thought would complement the colors in the pattern.

I used some spray adhesive to apply my die-cut to a card base.


A few sequins added some sparkle.

The sentiment was one I had in my stash. I simply matted it with black and popped it up on foam tape.





To add the barest bit of interest to the inside, I used a pink rectangle for my stamped sentiment, rather than a white one.

I donated this card to the thrift store last week and today, during my usual Thursday shift, I saw that it had sold. Somebody appreciated it, so I will make a few more. I'm thrilled to be able to use up some of the cardstock I had once thought unusable.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Oh wow, Cheryl. That is really gorgeous. I am glad you did not through it away. It is so bright and cheerful.

Lynette said...

A great way to use up some patterned paper that you may not be too fond of. Pretty card!

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - never thought to diecut with pattern paper. Love the end result. Also next intricate die I cut instead of glue I will use spray adhesive.

Lynne in NI said...

Well your fancy DP leant itself perfectly to your die! This looks fab Cheryl!

Patti J said...

Great idea! I always seem to gravitate to solids with my dies - I’ll be re-visiting that very soon, thanks to your genius-ness (lol…probably not a word). Thanks for the inspiration - the card turned out beautifully!