Wish List

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A typewriter birthday card...

Typewriters--remember those? I loved my typing class in high school and was quite proud when I was able to type 60 wpm. I believe it had to be error-free, too! 

I did a lot of typing back in those days, as I was editor of our school newspaper. Every month my staff and I had to write all the articles and then type the entire paper onto stencils. These were then put in a hand-cranked stencil duplicating machine to print out the individual pages. Finally, we collated and stapled them together. I still have a few copies packed away somewhere. Sounds like the Stone Ages, doesn't it?

Anyway, I have a little die set that makes a cute typewriter, one that is not too different from the one I learned on.

As a background on my card front, I chose a piece of DSP from a really old 6" X 6" paper pack. It always feels good to use some of those old papers that have been hanging around for years.


I used a couple of different stamp sets to create the message on the paper in the typewriter and the "Celebrate!" on the bottom of my yellow rectangle.

This card was for my son-in-law, whose birthday was February 19th.






On the inside, too, I used a couple of different stamp sets to create my sentiment. I love being able to use more than one stamp set for a single sentiment, as it then becomes unique.

I need to make a few more of these to have on hand, as I really liked this one when it was all done.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a fun retro card. I remember those typing days but fixing errors back then was so much more difficult than now. That sentiment is perfect to go with your retro typewriter.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this Cheryl! I was a typist when I first started work, it was an absolute nightmare when you made a mistake, especially if you were making duplicate or triplicate copies!!

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - we have more than the love of card making in common. I too was editor of our school newspaper, typed on a stencil and then hand cranked through a duplicating machine. Too funny. I loved typing and in fact still do.
So your card is a perfect "retro" card - love the typewriter and how you used different sentiment to complete the card. Great job.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Cheryl, I hope all is well with you. what a fabulous card and such a cool detailed die too with a perfect retro sentiment to match. That was a lovely trip down memory lane to hear about your days as an editor of your school's newspaper. I hope your son-in-law had a fabulous birthday. Take care Michelle x

Patti J said...

Very cute! Love the typewriter die cut! Bet your son-in-law really enjoyed getting this one! Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

What a cool typewriter die set, and you used it to perfection on this card. My, yes - how things have changed! Technology is amazing.