Wish List

Friday, March 25, 2022

Another Easter card...


I saw a card online somewhere with a bit simpler design, but similar to this one, so I decided to make a few to send to family members.

I started with a yellow card base and added a smaller white panel on which I had printed the sentiment with my computer and then added a pierced design with a large die.


For my "sunrise," I first die cut the square with rays, then also cut a piece of yellow glitter cardstock the same size as the die-cut. I used an orange alcohol marker to add some deeper color to the yellow. After adhering the glitter CS to the back of the die-cut, both were added to the top of my pierced panel.

My cross was cut with a sentiment strip die from some wood-patterned cardstock and the leafy, curly branch from a medium green cardstock. Then it was just a matter of positioning the leafy branch around the cross and attaching both to the card with foam tape.




I printed the inside sentiment with my computer and my card was complete.

I've made a LOT of Easter cards already, but most of them have been donated to the thrift store. In fact, I took 16 cards to the thrift store at 10 a.m. yesterday morning, of which 8 or 9 were Easter cards. All the Easter cards had sold by lunchtime. I think that Easter is one of those times, like Christmas, when people who rarely send cards actually do.

 I haven't taken photos of most of my Easter cards--it's just too time-consuming when I make so many of them. You'd be bored to tears looking at all of them, anyway.

As you read this, I will probably be at the Orthopedic Surgery Center with my husband. He is having his second knee replaced today with a new one. For his first knee surgery, he was heading home only 1 1/2 hours after the surgery ended. I hope it goes as well this time. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Easter card -I have to get going on mine. The kids I usually do bunnies but for daughter, granddaughter etc. I do faith based cards. Love the pierced background. Your cards sell so well at the thrift store, what a blessing you are to them.
Wishing hubby a quick recovery and on his way home today. I so need two new knees but....just haven't done it "yet".
Take god care of mister.

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous card depicting sunrise on Easter morning. I have been wondering how to make a cross. Great idea to use straight banner dies and wood paper. I am amazed at the progress of knee replacement surgry. 12 years ago when I was a surgical nurse, we kept patients in the hospital 4-5 days. Hope the surgery and rehab go well.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, that card is AWESOME! When I opened the blog it was a real WOW moment! Best wishes for your husband's recovery.

Sorry I've been absent from visiting so many blogs lately. Just too much going on. So glad I saw this one today!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh WOW Cheryl, that's an absolute stunner you've created! All the elements work perfectly together - your cross looks fab with the vine twisting round it.
Hope hubby's surgery went well and that he heals quickly, he'll be ready to climb mountains in no time with 2 new knees ;)

Lynette said...

What a beautiful Easter card, Cheryl!! I love everything about it. I hope your husband's surgery went well.

Patti J said...

Oh my word! What a gorgeous card! Beautifully done, dear friend - your family members will love these! Thanks for inspiring me to get moving on some Easter cards!