Wish List

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A couple of St. Patrick's Day cards...

 

I made a little pocket card for St. Patrick's Day, using up some scraps of DSP from my stash. To make the four-leaf clovers, I simply removed one petal from a few green flowers I had in my stash. Then I added some hand-cut stems and a green enamel dot in the center of each. 

For my second card, I cut, colored and assembled a little leprechaun (or is it a St. Paddy's Day gnome?). He's pretty cute, don't you think? My background panel was dry-embossed with a Sizzix (I think) embossing folder. The two little gold dots on my banner are brads, holding it in place.


Here's a closer look at the little guy. He was fun to color and put together. I rather enjoy cutting all the pieces out of white cardstock and then using my alcohol markers to color them. After that, a few dabs of glue are added and it all comes together.








Both cards had this sentiment on the inside. I found it online and really liked it. 

I've been very busy making cards for the thrift store this week. I've got 14 done so far and hope to get another 8 or 10 made.  I'll be sharing some of them with you in the coming days. I try to share cards when they are not repeats of ones I have made before, and this week I have a few new designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both so cute, Cheryl! Great idea for the four-leaf clovers. And I love the font you used on the inside!

designbydonna said...

How adorable is that little gnome/leprechaun. Looks like he might be up to some mischief. And the pocket card is so bright and cheerful--so perfect for St. Patrick's day.

Patti J said...

Both cards are adorable! Great idea for your flowers - they made perfect 4-leaf clovers! That leprechaun (gnome?) is a hoot - love these!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Brilliant use of the flowers into clovers - now why didn't think of that!!! And I think the little guy is a St. Pats gnome. Love how you colored his hat.