Wish List

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Book binding fold for cards...

 The book binding fold is truly one of my favorite folds to make. I've been turning to this quick and easy fold a lot lately. Here are a couple cards I have made using it:

This is an A2 card created from a 4 1/4" X 11" piece of cardstock that has the score line/fold on the left. The first 1 1/4" is glued to the back with a score line that is 4 1/4" from the right-hand side. That leaves a 4 1/4" square to decorate/embellish.

Before I glued down the first 1 1/4", I adhered my polka-dotted DSP and tied a white ribbon around this section. Once it was glued down, the ribbon was securely in place.


This flower die is an old one. So old, in fact, that I cannot remember who the manufacturer is. I cut it from white cardstock and added three little gems at the top of each flower.

I stamped a sentiment on a scalloped oval, cut with a Spellbinder's die, and placed a tiny gem on either side of it.



On the inside, I stamped a sentiment. I think that smaller sentiments look fine on this card's interior because it's smaller (4 1/4" X 4 1/4") than usual.









This card features a chipboard "Hello" sticker that has been in my stash forever! I've looked at it so many times wondering how I could use it. Finally, one day I bit the bullet and put it on a book binding card. The fishtail banner helps it stand out against the striped background.


This picture gives you a better idea of just how thick it is. 





To dress up the inside a bit, I added some pink paper and then a strip sentiment, which was in my stash. 

This card took only about 10 minutes to make, and I think it's a nice cheery card to send to someone. Both of these cards have been donated to the thrift store.

Well, our snow is finally gone (almost). It is visible only in a few areas where it drifted into deep banks or where it was piled high. I am eagerly watching the trees to see when they begin to bud and my flower beds for spring bulbs to begin poking out of the ground. Spring is sort of an exciting time of year, isn't it?

We drove to a city about an hour away this past weekend to watch my grandson swim in the Minnesota State swim meet. He did SO well, capturing two 1st place awards, several 2nd place awards, and at least one 3rd. I believe he was the most winning member of his swim team. We're so proud of him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I like the book fold too. It gives some added interest. Love the pinks. I have that flower die too. It is from Memory Box. Congrats to your grandson. That was an awesome performance. I bet he was excited for his grandparents to come cheer him on.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love making that fold. I'm not sure but I think I have that die from the pink card. (Guess I have too many if I don't remember that I have it.) The "Hello" dimensional is the perfect color the paper you used on the second card.

Glittered Paws said...

Love this fold and the fact that is "easy peasy" as well. Love both of your cards - and love the flower die.
Yay for grandson - two firsts - great and then several more after that. Nice that they are close enough for you to drive to the meet.

Lynne in NI said...

Lovely cards Cheryl, and bonus points for using your old stash!
I'm sure you're delighted to see the back of your snow - I can't cope with more than a few days of it LOL!