Wish List

Friday, September 8, 2023

Birthday cards for kids...


 I don't often make cards for younger kids, as my grands are all teenagers or young adults now. I like to make them, though, and they always sell quickly at the thrift store. I purchased this dinosaur die set just so I could make some for both boys and girls.


The card bases and large tags were from a card kit that a friend gave me.


The party hats were some stickers that I got a very long time ago at the Dollar Tree. I also had a few pastel-colored mini-brads in my stash and used one on each tag.



On the inside of each card I added a computer-generated sentiment.

The colored triangle in the corner was put there to mirror one on the far opposite (upper left) corner on the inside of the card. There was a little damage to that upper left corner, so to cover it up and look like an embellishment, I added the triangles.






This card was intended for a young girl. I used the "Stack, cut and shuffle" technique that I had used (and explained) in this post.

The little girl was a chipboard sticker that I had in my stash.



On the inside of this card I added a stamped sentiment.









Finally, I made a couple of these silly cards. They're so easy and quick to make, and I can imagine that little kids would love them. After all, they get to open the monster's mouth to see what's inside the card!

I used a curved edge die to cut the bottom off my A2 portrait-style card base. The teeth were hand-cut triangles glued to the backside of the front.

The eyes are a few different sizes of circles, cut and adhered together.



The bottom of the card front is adhered to the inside. I also added a white panel to the inside of the top of the card front to cover up where I added the teeth.











If you have some ideas or links to fun and easy-to-make kids' cards, I'd love it if you'd share them with me. I really should make more cards like this for the thrift store, since they are in such demand there.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great assortment of kid's acards. Those dinosaures are so cute. A little girl will love the all pink one. I think you hae used the monster design before, right" I think I have cased that in greens and purples for Halloween monsters. So cute.

Glittered Paws said...

Well what a cute assortment of kids cards. My grand kids as well as great grand kids are just about beyond the "cute" birthday cards - and I will miss it. I am sure these will sell quickly a the thrift shop. Great job.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Brilliant collection of cards! Especially like your dinosaur card Michelle x

Patti J said...

These are so cute! Our grands are close to outgrowing Dino cards, but I know lots of folks who have young kids and grands! Thanks for the inspiration, love these fun cards!