Wish List

Friday, September 22, 2023

Little birdie cards...

 My sister gave me some small wooden bird embellishments for my cardmaking stash. They were actually made like buttons with a couple of holes for thread. I decided to cover those holes with some tiny wings that I simply fussy-cut and glued on.

This card features just one of the little birds. I cut the wing out of pink cardstock and inked around the edges of it to help it stand out a little.


Here's a closer look at that little wooden bird.







On the inside of the card I added a die-cut flourish and a stamped sentiment. I thought the sentiment was perfect for this card!








My sister gave me quite a few of these little birds (Thanks, Michelle!), so I used six more of them on these cards.


I had three birds that were all the same pattern, so I used them here. Birds of a feather stick together, you know. LOL









I used some pre-made card bases that I had gotten quite a while ago, and these little birds fit perfectly inside the the round apertures. If they hadn't, I could have easily made them a little bigger with a circle die.

Note that I have glued the bird to the inside of the card so that it is clearly visible through the aperture when the card is closed.




For this card I used three different birds (they were all pre-colored).


Once again I added a wing to each one and glued them inside the apertures on the inside of the card.









Here's what each card looks like on the inside. I used the same sentiment for both of them.

I am going to try to remember to get a couple of posts ready for next week so that I don't have to worry about writing them while I'm caring for my grandkids and granddogs (and cats). It's going to be a busy week, and I'm certain I'll be running back and forth from their house to our house, to swim practice, etc. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

These are so cute, Cheryl!!! What fun to have a sister that shares such great crafty things with you! I finally made a post yesterday, but must make some pre-scheduled posts to take me through to getting back home on October 17th. Whew…I’m already tired! Missing my bestie, Shirley, already, but looking forward to some time with family. Be safe and have fun! Exciting that you get to see him swim!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh Cheryl I'm so sorry, I've missed loads on your blog and lots of beautiful makes! Sorry to hear about DH's elbow, pain isn't easy to live with so I hope it improves for him. Enjoy your time with your grandchildren, don't envy you those early starts though 😉😘

Lynette said...

I love the cute little birdies, and the cards you made with them. Very cool! Have fun next week!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my the birds are just about as cute as can be. What a fun sis that shares your likes for craafting. So smart to put wings over the button holes.
My BFF (Patti) and I share a lot of "kraft stuff"- I just can't use a pack of 25 Santa heads. Or ten yards of pretty ribbon. Problem is - I can't remember were I put some of the stuff. But I usually end up finding the pretties.
Have a fun week with the grandkids, dogs, and cats.

designbydonna said...

These are so cute. I love the ones with the birds shoing through the circles. That is a great idea I may have to figure out how to do. Have fun with the grandkids. We are going to Texas for 2 weeks to stay with our grands. Fortunately 2 of them drive so transportation shouldn't be too hard.