Wish List

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #199: Paper Strips instead of Ribbon or Anything Goes...

 

A new month brings another challenge from Let's Craft and Create. This month's challenge will help you use up some of those paper scraps. I'm certain you have piles of them, just like I do! 

Cut some of them into strips and use them on your cards in place of ribbon. You can even use some of them to cut a faux bow, like I have done for the card below.

I had a pale lavendar card base on hand, so I decided to "fancy it up" a bit for this card. I use a border die to cut a fancy scalloped border on the bottom of my card front.

I also cut a panel from white cardstock and die-cut it with a background die that allowed a little bit of my lavendar card base to show through.


To finish off the edge where my white panel ends, I added a strip of die-cut cardstock and a tiny die-cut bow out of deep purple cardstock. The sentiment was cut from the same CS a couple of times and layered for dimension.


On the inside I added a stamped sentiment and another strip of purple cardstock with a die-cut bow in the center.

Now it's your turn to get creative with some strips of paper. Head on over to Let's Craft and Create for more inspiration from the other members of the Design Team. I can't wait to see what come up with.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Bery pretty card. I love the lacy look. That scalloped edge is so creative.

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, and I love that ‘Ribbon’ border! Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what an awesome die - and the scallop edges just "makes" the card. Bet you had bunches of tiny pieces to sweep up after die cutting this one.