Wish List

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

More wooden embellishments...

In my last post, I shared some cards made with little wooden bird button embellishments that my sister had given me.  She also gave me some other wooden embellishments, and I used some them on this card:

I used some leftover scraps of DSP from one of my card kits and put them together to create this background. I used a gray marker to color the watering can, glued a tiny flower on it and added a little wing to the bird. Then I simply glued each embellishment onto a different section of my card front.

The sentiment strip was popped up on foam tape.


This card was donated to the thrift store, and I wondered if someone would like it enough to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised when it sold almost right away.




 On the inside was a simple stamped sentiment.








TWOFER:

This card doesn't feature any wooden embellishments, but rather a little die-cut teapot that was in my card parts. 


I added three tiny pink flowers with blue Nuvo Drops in their centers. After adhering it to a die-cut oval and stamping a sentiment, I popped the whole thing up on foam tape.

I added two lacy corners to dress up my card front a bit. I thought they added an additional feminine touch to the card.






I made this into a get well card with the stamped sentiment on the inside.

I also added a scalloped border on the inside, made from the same DSP as the background paper on the card front.

I like to add some coordinating element to the inside when I can (and when I have time!).

I hope this finds you doing well and enjoying some beautiful Autumn weather (or Spring weather if you're in another hemisphere). I am already dreading the first snowfall here in Minnesota with it's requisite shoveling! I will most likely be chief shoveler this winter because of my husband's broken elbow. The doctor says it will take many months for it to heal and then he still may not be able to use it as he did before. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great use of those 3 cute buttons stickers. And I really like the scroll work corners on the second one.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww those are lovely Cheryl, how cute are those little buttons! We're battening down the hatches here, with Storm Agnes due to hit tomorrow, but thankfully it's a working-from-home day so I've no plans to be anywhere.
Hope your weather is much better!

Glittered Paws said...

I am loving your wooden embellishments - so cute. And the little tea pot - is cute and makes a perfect get well card. Great job on both.

Lynette said...

I love the multi-panels and cute little embellishments! And I love the die-cut oval of the second card, too. I would love to cut some. :-) Next time we get together, maybe you could bring it for me to use. Sure hope we can get together again soon, but it's not looking good for that. We'll have to be in touch and plan something.

Patti J said...

This is so sweet! Like everyone else, those little embellishments are the cutest! Thanks for sharing! I’m dreading winter. Hubby took a fall down 3 steps our 2nd day in CO, the winter months now scare me! I’m worried he’s injured his hip and shoulder 😢😢😢