Wish List

Friday, September 29, 2023

A fun card for a 70th birthday...

 Not long ago, my brother-in-law turned 70, and this is the card I made for him:

I had this bird in my card parts, and I thought he'd be the perfect embellishment for this interactive card.  I think this is called a peek-a-boo shutter card, but I'm not 100% sure.  At any rate, I started with a gate-fold card and then used a die set to cut out the  mechanism on the inside.


The party hat was a Dollar Tree sticker that I cut down a bit to better fit my bird.

I stamped the speckles behind the bird and the sentiment below him. I popped up the bird's body on foam squares, but I glued his skinny little feet directly to the white rectangle so that they wouldn't catch on something and tear off.





Here's a look at the inside of the card. The wide strips on either side of the center panel are the "shutters." They cover up the message in the circle when the card closes and show the message when it's opened, as you see here.

This was a fun card to make--I really need to make more of them.

Have a great weekend with, hopefully, some fun outdoor activities.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Fun card. Love the expression on the bird.

Lynette said...

Fabulous card! And another reminder that I would love for you to show me how to do that! I still have the die set that I bought the first time you showed us one of these cards. I even made one once and forgot to take pictures of it.

Glittered Paws said...

Love it!!! I have this fun set - have had it for a really long time. And you always find the greatest stickers at Dollar Tree. I have to go this weekend - so will look at their stickers.