Wish List

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Ink blending an image...

 

I had a flower sticker and a scrap of DSP and that I wanted to use on this card. I also had a die-cut vase that had been cut from white cardstock, so I decided to try and color it to match the gray-blue in the flowers and background.


I used a green ink pad and a dusty blue ink pad, along with a finger dauber to get the result you see in the photo.

The pictures really don't do it justice, as it looks much better IRL. It has the multi-colored look you see in many clay vases.

Both the flower sticker and the vase are popped up on dimensionals.








I added just a simple stamped sentiment on the inside.












Since I still had a few flower stickers on my desk (and I wanted them used!), I made a few more cards:

This card is a bookbinder fold. I really love this fold and make it often. The green die-cut frame was adhered to a piece of cardstock which was stamped with the sentiment.

This one has a similar layout to the first one, but I used another die-cut frame which has been glued to a piece of white cardstock. A scatter stamp was used to make the dots that ground the flower sticker and the sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up on dimensionals.

This card features a piece of leafy vellum with a die-cut frame. The sentiment was, again, stamped, die-cut and popped up on dimensionals.

This final card uses another die-cut frame, glued to some white cardstock. The center panel has been popped up on dimensionals.

FINALLY, those stickers have been used up! All of these cards were donated to the thrift store, so at least two more people will get to enjoy those stickers--the sender and the recipient.

In another week, I will be spending a dozen days with two of my grandchildren and their four dogs (and three cats). My daughter and her husband are going on a trip to Europe, so I will be in charge while they are gone. The grands are both in high school, but the younger one doesn't have his driver's license yet, so that means I need to get him to swim practice a half-hour away by 5:30 a.m. This will be pretty hard duty for me as I am definitely NOT a morning person. In fact, I'm a night owl who likes to stay up past midnight. Wish me luck!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful cards - love the ink blending - these will sell quickly a the thrift shop. Have a fun visit with the grands. Even if you have to get up way to early.

designbydonna said...

These are all beautiful. I love flower stickers because you don't have to color them. That green blending is such a pretty color. It is nice to have the option to change anything with a little ink and blending. Have fun with the grands. We are going in a couple of weeks to Texas to stay with ours while the parents go to Hawaii. I hope there are no 5:30 events fo them. I'm not a morning person either.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, your cards are so pretty! Love what you do with your stickers, bits, and pieces! Thanks for the inspiration… Hope you have a wonderful time with the grandkids. We leave Tuesday morning to do the same thing! We will be in CO from 9-26 till 10-7. We will bring one ‘grand’ home with us, and keep him a week. Planning on a fun trip to Branson, he’s a Titanic enthusiast, so thought he’d enjoy the exhibit there. Grammy and he will probably zip line, go cart, and eat ice cream too! Lol…I will fly him home on Oct. 15th and come home the 17th. Whew…I’m already tired! Lol…HAVE FUN!!!

Lynette said...

So many beautiful cards, Cheryl!