Wish List

Friday, September 15, 2023

Sympathy cards in black and cream...


I had some very old black and cream patterned cardstock in my stash, and when I was rummaging through my papers not long ago, I ran across it. Because it has a rather elegant design on it, I decided to turn it into a couple of sympathy cards.

This card features a die-cut that I've backed with plain cream-colored cardstock and popped up on dimensionals. I also added some sheer black ribbon tied in a simple knot. Please excuse the out-of-focus photo!


The inside is plain, with just a stamped sentiment.









I didn't want to make the cards exactly the same, so for this one, I cut a somewhat smaller piece of the patterned cardstock, matted it with black and adhered it to the front of the cardbase. 


The sentiment oval was popped up again and the ribbon was applied in the same manner as on the first card, just in a different direction.










I used the same stamped sentiment inside this card and also added a bit of decoration to the bottom.

On the homefront, my DH met with the orthopedic surgeon again yesterday. The doctor said my DH may never have full use of his right arm again and it may always cause him pain. He is not very hopeful that it will heal properly, and he said there is really nothing he can do to fix it. He said an elbow replacement might be possible, but I don't think my DH will really want to do that. We'll just have to wait and see how the healing goes, I guess. 

A word to the wise: Be very carefull to avoid falls as you get older! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, thesse are so elegant. The black and cream are perfect for sympathy cards. I hope your DH gets better with therapy and can avoid surgery. I'm with him on not wanting an elbow joint replacement. You are right about avoiding falls.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh - which to comment on first. The cards are beautiful - the DP was perfect for sympathy cards and I love the die you used on the second card. So pretty.
So....hubby - hoping therapy will make a great difference - elbow surgery sounds very painful - Knee replacement, shoulder replacement, hip replacement maybe but elbow replacement - no.
Tell him to work hard at therapy and get as much motion as he can. Yes falls are NOT GOOD.

Patti J said...

Your cards are over the top pretty, such elegance in the black and white! Great job, as always. So sorry to hear about your hubby. That’s gotta be tough for him to accept. Mine seems to take one step forward and two back. He’s done great so far, but I can see it’s wearing him down mentally. I’ll be thinking of him, and sending prayers to you both. Hugs…!

Lynette said...

Wonderful sympathy cards. I have that same die as on the first card. So sorry there is nothing that can be done with his elbow - what a bummer! It's weird they can't do anything, since they do such amazing things.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice sympathy cards. I think I have that same die. I'll have to look through my "collection". I was just reminded in the last few days that I have a program that I can use to create sentiments on the inside of the cards and not have to stamp them.