Wish List

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A big leaf thank you card...

When I was at my friend Lynette's home for a crafty play day, she let me use one of her 3D embossing folders that featured BIG leaves. After I had embossed my panel and taken it home, I wasn't sure what to do with it. The panel looked a little plain in all white, so I decided to add some color.

I used some finger daubers and two different shades of green ink. I carefully (and lightly) sponged each of the green inks over the raised leaves. I absolutely love how it turned out. Just look at how those raised leaf designs took the ink--even along the edges! These pictures really don't do this card justice.


I cut my panel down to size and added a sheer ribbon tied in a simple knot.

Finally, I cut a white scalloped circle and a pierced circle for the sentiment. The scalloped circle was added with two strips of double-sided foam adhesive placed on the top and bottom to hold the ribbon in place. The pierced circle was also popped up on foam squares.


The inside was finished off with a stamped sentiment. 

Thank you again, Lynette (My Stamping Addiction), for letting me use your embossing folder. It makes an impressive background!

As I type this, my grandson Patrick is at the Speedo Junior National Swimming Championships in Irvine, California. He will be one of the select few 15-year-olds there (the age limit is 18). He qualified to compete in 4 events--2 relays and 2 individual races. He doesn't expect to win anything--the competition is really fierce at the national level--but he is grateful for the experience and hopes to learn a lot. We wish him the best of luck!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is gorgeous. The big leaves look so good with the green sponging. Congrats to your grandson. This will be an exciting time for him.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That's a beautiful embossing folder and love how you colored the leaves! It would be pretty done in fall colors too on ivory card stock.

Lynette said...

You finished this off wonderfully. I'm glad you have used up the pieces that you made here. Time to make more??? I think that I used all my pieces, but it seems like I just came across something recently from that day.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Simply gorgeous and I love the colours that you have chosen. The effects are so delicate and detailed. Your a very clever lady. Wishing your grandson all the very best of luck, that's quite an achievement to be competing,well done. Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful - looks professional!!! But it is even better because it is handmade.
Anxious to hear how your grandson does.