Wish List

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #198: Polka Dots and/or Stripes or Anything Goes...

 

It's time, once again, for a new monthly challenge at Let's Craft and Create. As you can tell from the title of this post, this month's option is Polka Dots and/or Stripes. 

I actually love mixing and matching polka dots and stripes, so I decided to make a couple of cards using both.

I have a die set that makes it SO easy to make baby cards like this. I love using lots of different colors rather than the usual pink or blue. 


I added a little flagged sentiment that says "welcome" and one or two tiny gold hearts to each card. I also tied a narrow ribbon around the second "B" as an additional embellishment.


This card was done the same way as the first one--I simply mixed up the order of the papers I used. 

And I actually cut all the letters out of each patterned paper, so I can still make two more cards with the letters that are left.


After cutting a second white shadow, I added a simple, stamped sentiment to the inside of each card.

I think what I like most about this die set is that it is gender neutral. However, it can still make cards that are clearly for boys or for girls. Imagine a dark blue card base, a white shadow, and four different patterned blue papers for the letters. You could add some stars or a little baseball cap for embellishments. Wouldn't that be cute?

Now it's your turn. I hope you'll join us at Let's Craft and Create and post your card that feaatures polka dots, stripes or both! You can always enter a card completely different, using the "Anything Goes" option.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love that die - and it makes the perfect baby card - especially in the variety of patters and colors you used. Love the little hearts you made.

designbydonna said...

These are so adorable. I love the big shaped letter cards. Cute selection of patterns. I don't have very many baby card stamps so I can see adding this to my collection.

Patti J said...

Cuteness overload, and so easy! Love this!!!