Wish List

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Have a blooming good day...

 I recently purchased a die set that cuts a mix of tiny flowers. I thought they would be perfect for adding to wreaths on cards, for filling in little spaces or adding some color to the inside of a card. They're also great for filling up a pocket...

I cut all the flowers in the set from a variety of colored cardstock scraps. It's a great way to use up some of the paper pieces we all have in our stash. Then as I watched TV one night, I glued a bunch of them together and added Nuvo Drops to their centers. It was so relaxing to do that, especially since I didn't care what colors I glued together.


Once I had my flowers put together, it was short work to die-cut a pocket and a few leafy branches for greenery.

I added a stamped sentiment below my pocket to finish off the card front.




On the inside, I added one of the left-over flowers as an embellishment.

But now, since I used so many flowers on this card, I need to make some more.

It has been so hot (90+ degrees) here that my flowers outside have really been suffering. We got a sprinkle of rain last night, but I think I will still have to do some watering today.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a lttle or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those flowers are great in every color combination. I have a pocket die so I will just have to CASE this one.

Patti J said...

Very cute card! Those tiny flowers are adorable. Someone will be happy dancing at their mailbox when they get this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the tiny flowers and what a great die set. Allows you to mi and match colors etc. I have a pocket stamp - I think filling it flowers is a great idea.
Rain - oh my goodness we have had nothing but rain with thunder and lightening and wind. Our ground is soaked. Wish I could send you some.