Wish List

Friday, August 25, 2023

Ribbit, ribbit...

 

I finally purchased a little frog die set and used it on these cards.


The card bases and rounded-corner panels came from a card kit that my friend gave me. 




The frog is a pretty cute one--I love his little front feet--but I did feel he needed some googly eyes to give him a little more life.

The sentiment panel and the frog are popped up on dimensionals.






The largest rounded-corner panels were actually large tags, so I added a baker's twine bow over the hole at the top.


On the inside of each card I added a computer-generated sentiment.

These were both donated to the thrift store. My grandkids are all in their teens and twenties now. I think they'd think I was a little strange if I gave them a birthday card with a silly little frog on it. LOL

My DH had a minor disaster yesterday. He was walking our dog in the morning and tripped over a big tree root and fell, breaking his elbow. I had just gotten to the thrift store for my weekly shift when he called and asked me to come back and give him a ride to urgent care. I drove back (about a 15 min. drive) while he sat on some grass a few blocks from our house waiting for me. At urgent care they took X-rays, gave him a sling and told him to see an Orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. We couldn't get an appointment until the end of next week, so today we're going to try to pressure them to see him sooner. They didn't give him any pain killers. He is only taking some Tylenol, so the elbow is still painful if he moves his arm at all. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can work something out soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are fun kid cards. That frog is adorable. Your are right frogs always need googly eyes.Love those patterns and colors. My grands are in that middle stage--too old for kiddy cards but not old enough for grown-up cards. It i a real challenge. So sorry about your DH breaking his elbow. I would call the orthopedist to see if you can get on a call list if they have a cancel or call every morning to check. Hope your persistence pays off.

R's Rue said...

I love the frogs. It’s just the cutest. Your work is great. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my don't know which to comment on first - the cards or he fall. First the cards are adorable - and I love the eyes. Perfect for someone "younger" - although I would love it as well.
So sorry to hear about hubby - darn the luck. I can't believe he can't get in until the end of next week. Medical care has changed so much - I'm hoping they know that his elbow is broken and at least give him something for pain. Tylenol just isn't going to cut it. Will say a prayer for him that a)he gets in sooner and b) he gets pain relief.
Keep us posted on how is is doing

Lynette said...

Adorable cards, Cheryl!! And wow - he can't get in until the end of the week??? That is amazingly awful and unbelievable! I sure hope something else can be worked out for him.

JD/ Jill said...

These are so cute!