Wish List

Friday, August 11, 2023

Sympathy card in soft colors...

 

I almost always use soft colors when I make sympathy cards, and this one is no exception. The DSP was a piece I had in my stash. The soft green pattern made a nice background.


I die-cut my flower layers and then used the softest shade of pink ink that I had and applied it lightly to the centers. I chose to die-cut some skeleton leaves in soft green to continue the look, letting them cascade down from the bottom of the oval.

I used a brad in the center to hold the flower together. It's been ages since I've used a brad, and I have quite a few of them in my stash!

My sentiment was printed on the computer and then die-cut with a stitched oval die and popped up with foam squares.



The sentiment on the inside was stamped, and I've embellished it with one of my skeleton leaves.

Our sweet dog, Mickey, is nearly done with a second round of training. He has learned a lot and is becoming a very well-behaved pup. We are going to take him to one more type of training where he will learn to heel and walk beside us without a leash. I hope that goes well. We'd love to be able to walk him off-leash from time to time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This card is so pretty. I love soft colors for sympathy cards too. Those leaves reflect the open mesh pattern on the card.

Lynette said...

I'm so far behind in my blog commenting. Please know that I have checked out all your recent posts. Awesome cards, and I love the sentiments that you put in the insides. Good luck with Mickey's final training. I really love the sympathy card on today's post.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful sympathy cards - and I love soft colors for this type of card as well. Love the skeleton leaves.
Good luck Mickey on your last training session. My hubby is very good with training - and our Buddy dog walks off leash - very well (ok most of the time) except when he sees a squirrel - LOL.

Lynne in NI said...

Perfect colours for a sympathy card and great layout too
Glad to hear Mickey's training is going well, He could come and give Molly some tips 😉

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice sympathy card!