Wish List

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Leafy vellum cards...

My DH and I were in North Dakota a couple of weeks ago for a family wedding. We stayed with my sister who is also a cardmaker. She and I share supplies with each other when we have duplicates or way too much to use. She gave me some pretty leaf-patterned vellum. It's a really good grade of vellum, not flimsy at all. When I got home, I immediately set to work to make a few cards with it.

This is the first card I made. It's a thank you card that I sent to my sister and her husband. 

I first cut some narrow frames. I have an A2 size die that cuts a bunch of 1/8" nesting frames at one time. They are so useful! 

I glued one of the frames to a piece of vellum, making sure that I had a nice leaf image in the center of it. Once the glue was dry, I simply cut around it.

To apply my framed vellum to the card base, I added adhesive along the edge where the frame would hide it.

I stamped and matted my sentiment and popped it up on foam tape. Just a fe    w gems finished off my card front.



I added another stamped sentiment on the inside. I also cut out one of the vellum leaves and adhered it to the inside as an embellishment.









Here's another card using two of the frames I had die-cut. One for the larger piece and one for the stamped sentiment. Once again, I fussy-cut a couple of the leaves and added them as embellishements.


This smaller framed rectangle was popped up on foam squares.










I did not add anything but a couple of stamped sentiments on the inside of this card.










I think this softly patterned vellum is perfect for sympathy cards, too. Once again I used two of the frames I had cut from the dark green cardstock.


The framed sentiment is popped up on foam squares.





















The inside has a stamped sentiment and a fussy-cut leafy sprig for embellishment.

All three of these cards are very simple in design, but the richness of the vellum paper makes them special. I really like how they turned out and plan to make some more.

Thanks, Michelle, for sharing your stash of vellum with me!!!

And thank you for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love the softness of vellum. These are all great cards. You showcased them really well with the darker green frames. You have a great sister!

Anonymous said...

Your welcome, so glad to share and to see what pretty cards you made.MKW

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful vellum - and they made up into beautiful cards. Love the sentiment on the second cards - friends are treasures - and help keep us sane most of the time.
Never been to South Dakota but would like to go, hubby has been there when he was younger to hunt.

Lynne in NI said...

Ahhh these are beautiful, bet it was good fun crafting with your sister! My sis is the least crafty person I've ever met LOL

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Vellum gives such a subtle look to the cards. Using Nature's beauty is always a winner!

Lynette said...

Such soft, pretty vellum, and the cards you made with them are beautiful! How fun to be able to craft and share supplies with your sister.